Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-12-2012, 01:36 AM  

Las Vegas Arts District Development

Hi there-- i am moving to Vegas from SF with my wife next month and we are looking to buy. I know there are several condo/loft developments springing up all over down there in the Arts/DT area... and of course the fremont experience... several bars and night clubs.. but does anyone know what the market is like for single family homes over there? I have seen and lived in areas similar to that in other cities.. i.e. portland.. long beach.. and for those areas-- it seems to be that the young "hipster" kids move in and buy up the homes and sort of gentrify the area.. and it becomes the next "hot spot" to live.. would you say this is the case in that neighborhood... or still rather sketchy and a ways off? I see LOADS of houses there.. 3-4 bedrooms in the same price range as 2 bedroom condos in green valley.. fixer uppers of course.. but cute homes from the 40s-50s with lots of charm, a mile or less from fremont st action.. BUT i see lots of bars on windows etc lol.. ive looked at the crime stats of the neighborhood and compared it to green valley, and then to where we live now-- and no surprise where we live now is much worse... but do you have any info on the happenings there.. or know someone who does? is it a good investment? is there a lot of activity going on that could carry over to single family homes too? and in less than 10 years? this is a 3-5 year plan for us.. our goals are to buy, not rent.. save loads in the process (from the cost of living difference from California to Vegas), and fix up the home we live in and sell for profit (not loads, but at least net $15k) ... do you think this is something that could be achieved in that neighborhood WITHOUT worrying about sketchy neighbors and drug/crime activity etc? we dont have to have posh like green valley... i dont mind some grime as long as i know its some grime thats in the works of being cleaned up. thanks!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads