Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-21-2010, 03:19 PM  
I drink your milkshake

Reno, NV, Nevada
LV/Henderson Fun

What do you like to do for fun in the Vegas/Henderson/surrounding areas?

Post up your favorite things to do, whether its hiking, camping, skiing, fishing, boating, theatre, etc.

Keep chit-chat to a minimum and please include maps and contact info (if any) when possible.

Old 09-23-2010, 11:21 PM  

Las Vegas, Nevada
Well, I live fairly close to Boulder City...sometimes I like to walk around there. why? No real reason, except it's quaint, has lots of antique shops and, well. that's it.

Sad to say, I don't go camping, hiking or boating. I have a very insane dog that I try to take to dog parks in town. There is a nice dog park on Silverado Ranch road 2 block east of the intersection of Silverado and LV Blvd.

There is another good dog park on Paseo Verde, a few hundred yards eat of the intersection of St. Rose and Paseo Verde.

Old 09-24-2010, 10:28 AM  

Las Vegas, Nevada
I like to take the jeep out and go wheelin. We go up and over Potato Ridge in Red Rock NCA.

Also, I enjoy recreational shooting. Most common place I go is out by Sloan just off thew highway past mile marker 15. Either there or we go up to The Clark County Shooting Park.

aside from that, I do most of my camping and hiking outside of Las Vegas. I travel to Ely alot, other towns too, Panaca, Caliente, Pioche, etc etc.
Old 09-25-2010, 12:31 AM  

Las Vegas, Nevada
Hey, Dr., once, while travelling via Rt 15 So, to Cali, I saw something an Easterner has never seen. It looked alot of wind surfing on the desert. I had no idea what exactly they were doing. Would you maybe know?
Jane
Old 09-25-2010, 11:15 PM  

Las Vegas, Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkrplr4116 View Post
Hey, Dr., once, while travelling via Rt 15 So, to Cali, I saw something an Easterner has never seen. It looked alot of wind surfing on the desert. I had no idea what exactly they were doing. Would you maybe know?
Jane
Well...all I can tell you is that the wind speed record was set on a dry lake bed next to the 15. They have vehicles that are more or less wind surfers with wheels. I've been out there drifting in my car...but it sure wasn't wind powered!

I'm from the east originally as well...not much dry lakebed out there for setting speed record.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:53 AM  

Las Vegas, Nevada
I thought is was a special vehicle; looked wind powered, but not monsoon winds, lol. Ty for the info!
Old 10-04-2010, 08:23 AM  

Las Vegas, NV
DrMarneaus, I have always been a drag racing guy, but just bought a Jeep a few months ago. It's a stock TJ and I want to have fun with it stock until I learn more about it. Do you have any light fun trails you recommend where I can take it?
Old 10-04-2010, 08:25 AM  

Las Vegas, NV
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkrplr4116 View Post
Well, I live fairly close to Boulder City...sometimes I like to walk around there. why? No real reason, except it's quaint, has lots of antique shops and, well. that's it.

Sad to say, I don't go camping, hiking or boating. I have a very insane dog that I try to take to dog parks in town. There is a nice dog park on Silverado Ranch road 2 block east of the intersection of Silverado and LV Blvd.

There is another good dog park on Paseo Verde, a few hundred yards eat of the intersection of St. Rose and Paseo Verde.
I used to go to the Silverado Ranch park a lot. It's the only park I've been to in town that is clean and where people aren't afraid to let their dog play with mine.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:46 PM  

Las Vegas, Nevada
GSGZZLR,
On the contrary. There are probably people like me who don't want to get another person's dog hurt, by letting their own dog loose. In regard to your dog-my dog is a rescue mini Schnauzer and has severe fear aggression. I can barely take him out of the house without him crying and carrying on. We go to the Silverado Ranch dog park, but only outside the fence, as he literally goes into attack mode every time he sees another dog (and most people). I love this little dog so much...and if we end of having to give him up because of his aggression, I just know he will get put down. He's one of those dogs who can never be let off-leash or left alone with another dog or even a child.

In the house, however, he's a wonderful obedient, sweet, loving dog, but his fear is so severe he can't reign it in, even with two different trainers...Poor Buddy...Mayl I assume you have a Pitt or a Rotty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSGZZLR View Post
I used to go to the Silverado Ranch park a lot. It's the only park I've been to in town that is clean and where people aren't afraid to let their dog play with mine.
Old 10-05-2010, 01:09 PM  

las vegas, nevada
Every once in awhile I head up black mountain towards the radio towers atop and just watch the view of the city. Great place to take anyone that you want to share it with.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads