Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
Click Here to Login

Old 11-18-2010, 10:31 AM  

Allentown, PA
Favorite Beer Bars in Lehigh Valley?

So who has a favorite beer bar in the Lehigh Valley?

Personally, when I head out I generally go to the Allentown Brew Works 'cos I like the atmosphere and the staff, but other favorites are the Tavern on Liberty Street and Tamp and Table in Emmaus.

Actually, I don't know of any others beyond the Farmhouse (and that's not on my list because I figure it's more of a formal type place-- maybe I'm mistaken; feel free to correct me).

Rick

Old 11-18-2010, 12:02 PM  

It's not the greatest "Beer Bar" in the world, but if you're in the mood for some good Scottish Food, along with a half-decent beer selection, the Braveheart in Hellertown, PA is pretty good.

If Single-Malts are your thing they also carry a good array of Glenfiddich, Macallan, and Glenlivet.

Old 11-22-2010, 06:07 PM  

Seoul
TallyHo in Bethlehem is a pretty great pub...Maybe a stretch to call it a 'beer bar' but it's definitely a great place.

There's a place in Stroudsburg called floods that stocks a huge variety of beer, but it's dead in the middle of the ESU crowd which can make it a bit too intense. As long as you don't go on the weekend, I think you'd be fine
Old 11-23-2010, 04:56 PM  

riegelsville, pa
beer

Liberty street tavern rocks!
Old 11-23-2010, 04:57 PM  

riegelsville, pa
beer

Porters pub in easton is good too.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:23 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeber View Post
Porters pub in easton is good too.
That's the one I was trying to think of. Someone I work with recommended the place--is that the one with the membership thing (or is it a challenge of some kind) where you get to try each of the beers they have?
Old 11-29-2010, 07:03 AM  

riegelsville, pa
Yes, they have a mug club. Complete the beer list and get a mug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzyone View Post
That's the one I was trying to think of. Someone I work with recommended the place--is that the one with the membership thing (or is it a challenge of some kind) where you get to try each of the beers they have?
Old 12-08-2010, 02:25 PM  

Lebanon, NH
You might want to check out The Farmhouse periodically. Last time I was there (years ago, now) they had Ruination on tap and switched it over to Double Bastard at the end of the night (though we did ask after every round if we had kicked the Ruination, we really wanted to try the DB). It's definitely formal, but they had some great beers on tap.
Old 12-09-2010, 10:30 AM  

Nazareth, PA
The tap and table is a must if you are in the mood for a cask beer
Old 12-24-2010, 07:27 AM  

philadelphia, PA
Canal Street in reading is pretty good.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
Bookmark this Page!