Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Kentucky > Lexington
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-03-2011, 04:33 PM  

Smoking ban outdoors on UK campus

What do you think of the smoking ban on the University's campus? I am not a smoker and I like the fact that I don't have to walk through smoke anymore but I still think it is taking away some rights. I mean it is outside. Kind of hypocritical considering tobaccoo was once our largest cash crop.

Old 04-07-2011, 02:09 PM  
Networking Memeber

Lexington, Kentucky
I really don't want to get a fight started here, but I think the "outdoors" smoking ban Anywhere is ridiculous!

CRLOVA2 - you are exactly right in your statement that it is taking away a right, I believe!
I mean pretty soon, they will be trying to tell us that we can't smoke in our own homes! Don't laugh, it's coming......it is about the government taking away yet another "freedom" in a so-called FREE Society and NO i am not one of those "militia" types that are paranoid about the government, just someone who has their eyes wide open about what is taking place right under our noses and no one is willing to take a stand to say a word.

Keep silent and keep watching as your freedoms slowly disappear from your life!!! It is happening every single day, yet people just sit back and do nothing to try to stop it! They are starting with the smokers, wonder who they will pick on next???? Maybe the drinkers, the gamblers, the sex addicts, the avid church goers....you never know when it will be your turn next.....

Ok maybe a little too far on the last paragraph but seriously , think about this in its entirety! Start at the beginning of the indoor smoking ban of government buildings and go from there to where we are now of an "outside smoking ban?" Really???? Come on....

Julie

Old 04-28-2011, 05:02 AM  

pikeville, KY.
I just found out i have lung cancer and i 100% support some ones right to smoke if they want to. These bands are nothing but commie controls tactics, to tell you what, where and when. This is bull govt. needs to stay out of peoples lives period, sick of their crap.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:50 AM  

Palm Beach County
I'm for the band. Rights are one thing. But when the right to do something involves sharing a foul odor with someone else, that is wrong.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:55 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
It seems very odd how doing the exact same thing can change so much over the years. I began smoking at 13 53 years ago. I've always been very considerate of those around me well before it became an issue.
Restaurants were okay but how can they sell alcohol but ban nicotine in a bar. It's almost unAmerican.
About 20 years ago I read weed had become Kentucky's largest cash crop. I salute you!
Moonshine and weed has evolved into no smoking in the open air?
Old 05-12-2011, 03:13 PM  
What page are you on?

in a van... down by the river, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecu View Post
I'm for the band. Rights are one thing. But when the right to do something involves sharing a foul odor with someone else, that is wrong.
Stating the obvious here... you have legs, correct? Dont walk through smoke. Simple enough.

I recently started smoking (2 yrs) and even before I started, I would walk AROUND it if I didnt wanna walk THROUGH it. DUH!

If I wanna light up while walking to my car, Im going to. If you choose, with your own FREEDOM, to walk through it, thats your problem.

I was at the ER for 5 hrs with my daughter one night. I stepped out... WAY out... to smoke a cig. Not 30 seconds after I did, I had security on me. He told me he was gonna give me a fine if I took one more drag. I took one more drag and asked him how much said fine would be.

Point being... youre an adult. If you dont wanna be around smokers, I suggest you use those two wonderful legs of yours to walk away from it. Period.
Old 05-13-2011, 05:44 AM  

Palm Beach County
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britney View Post
Stating the obvious here... you have legs, correct? Dont walk through smoke. Simple enough.

I recently started smoking (2 yrs) and even before I started, I would walk AROUND it if I didnt wanna walk THROUGH it. DUH!

If I wanna light up while walking to my car, Im going to. If you choose, with your own FREEDOM, to walk through it, thats your problem.

I was at the ER for 5 hrs with my daughter one night. I stepped out... WAY out... to smoke a cig. Not 30 seconds after I did, I had security on me. He told me he was gonna give me a fine if I took one more drag. I took one more drag and asked him how much said fine would be.

Point being... youre an adult. If you dont wanna be around smokers, I suggest you use those two wonderful legs of yours to walk away from it. Period.
Congrats on your new hobby.

How do you walk around when the smokers are congregating at the entrance to the building that you are entering? Sometimes you don't know you are walking through it until it is too late. You may be more considerate with your habit, but, there are a lot that aren't.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:53 AM  
Networking Memeber

Lexington, Kentucky
I am all for everyone having the "right" to choose their own habits....with that being said, I do also agree that we as smokers do need to be more conscious of the non-smokers but the smoking ban outdoors is going overboard as I stated before.
And I agree with KYFarmer when he says that this is Government Bull.... and I am so sorry to hear that you have lung cancer. But as you said , it was your choice to choose to smoke, and yes I am a smoker and I am well aware of the risks involved...and I still choose to smoke. My motto may sound or seem harsh but we ALL have to die of something, and we might as well enjoy our lives here on this earth while we are still here!

Julie

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Kentucky > Lexington
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.