Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-12-2010, 10:53 AM  

Little Rock, Arkansas
Little Rock Zoo

Looking for Advice on the Little Rock Zoo. Is it an all day thing like the San Diego zoo, or can I just pack the kids up and go out for a few hours? Did you like it?

Old 10-15-2010, 09:42 AM  

Little Rock, AR
I volunteered there for over 8 years. You can do the zoo in as little as 2 hours, or you can spend 6 hours there. It really just depends on how much time you spend at each exhibit. the zoo sits on about 40 acres, and has around 600 species. I always suggest going to any zoo on a day you feel comfortable being outside, that means the animals will be out too. never go on the hottest day or the coldest day of the year.

Old 10-25-2010, 08:54 PM  

Paron, Arkansas
That is good to know as my daughter wants to go there for our dad/daughter day. While on this topic, any of y'all know what it cost to go to the zoo? I know that there are coupons available elsewhere. I am just wanting to get an idea.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:40 AM  

Conway, AR
I cant remember the cost off the top of my head. I think it was about 28 bux for two adults and a child. I must say, that I was disappointed with the LR Zoo. I think it should be quite a bit better, but it is ok. My daughter loved it, so thats what really matters.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:00 AM  

Blevins, Arkansas
I really like the zoo, I took my kids there a couple year back and all the exhibits appeared clean and satisfactory for the animals. Here is some info on admission, hours, etc.

Hours and Admission
Old 11-16-2010, 03:26 PM  

Perryville, Arkansas
We go to the zoo all the time, (have the membership which is worth it if your going alot) although I have to small kids and thats where they alwys want to go. If my memory serves me right, admission is $10 for adults, $8 for kids, $2 dollars for parking and then $2 for the train ride if you want it.
Old 12-09-2010, 02:56 AM  

Mt. Judea, Arkansas
The zoo is a great place to spend a day. They are always improving the exibits, just don't expect it to be like the San Diego zoo.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:24 PM  

Little Rock, Arkansas
Nothing like San Diego. Have 2 hours of fun, you'll be ready to leave.
Old 12-29-2010, 02:06 PM  

Siloam Springs, Arkansas
It's just okay.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:40 PM  

Little Rock, AR
Depends on how old the kid is-if she is young you can ride the little train, my girls like to do that. The LR zoo is fun...IF...you are from a small town. The SD zoo's petting zoo is bigger than the LR zoo. They do a good job with their resources, but its not a big city zoo.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.