Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York > Long Island
Click Here to Login

Old 09-01-2011, 02:15 PM  

Wading River, NY
Go Easy on LIPA

I have no affiliation with LIPA other then to say My Dad worked for LILCO many years ago.
When these guys get a Emergency situation like these storms, these guys work like 18 hours on and 6 hours off.
I rememeber my dad not coming home for days because he didn't want to reduce his sleep time between Shifts by travelling.
When he did finally come home, he was beat. Like a rented Mule.
I know it's frustrating.. But Heck... Electric isn't an entiotlement, and there are many viariables as to why you aren't with electric.
If you see these guys snoozing or stopping to eat, keep in mind that they likely are not goofing off but rather just got done working , none stop for more hours then a teacher puts in all week.

Old 09-01-2011, 02:20 PM  
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɯnɹoɟ

VA
Im guessing they are the "power" folks.

Yes, it can be tough giving them a break when your power has been out for days on end. But they do work hard to make things right.

My hats definitely off to them.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York > Long Island
Bookmark this Page!