Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York > Long Island
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-17-2010, 07:49 AM  

Lake Ronkonkoma, New York
\o/ Long Island subforum is awesome! thanks guys!

Old 12-28-2010, 04:15 PM  
AdironDoc

Nassau, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Wouldn't a Long Island forum overlap in some areas with the NYC forum?
Ironically, very little. To people in Manhattan, they seem to have a bit of contempt for the other boroughs and especially us Islanders, who they refer to as the Bridge and Tunnel crowd. Some may have a kinship for the Hamptons, however.

Islanders, on the other hand, sometimes see Manhattan folks as a bit snooty, especially the black turtleneck, tragically trendy, martini crowd. Islanders I know don't care to venture into the city if they can help it. Now Queens...that's a strange bird indeed. On Long Island, but part of the city. So sad.

Old 12-28-2010, 06:08 PM  

Blue Point, New York
Absolutely make a LONG ISLAND sub-forum area..........................we could honestly make Long Island into 3 areas and still be fine. Eastern-Suffolk, Western Suffolk, and Nassau County. I live kind of in the middle of Suffolk County........and I rarely go anywhere out into Eastern Suffolk (too far away) Then again...rarely do I go to WEstern Suffolk either. Long Island may look tiny on the weather-map.....but it is pretty large to drive all over!!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York > Long Island
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads