Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York > Long Island
Click Here to Login

Old 12-31-2010, 10:06 PM  
AdironDoc

Nassau, NY
Wine country vs Hamptons..North vs South Fork, which rocks?

When your'e out east of Riverhead, which fork rocks for you and why?

I grew up in Montauk and spent over a decade surfing the shorebreak, partying by bonfires or walking in solitude under winter skies. I miss it. But nowadays you'll find me visiting my folks deep in wine country, boating in Peconic Bay and chilling out in Greenport.

What fork floats your boat?

Old 01-18-2011, 09:01 PM  

Being bought up on a farm in the Riverhead area I have always preferred the north fork.....did the party scene in Hampton Bays and the clubs on Montauk Highway and on Dune Road on the South Fork decades ago when turned old enough to drink but tired of that rather quickly...

I like the slower pace of the north fork, acutually like the Long Island sound rock filled coastline over the ocean and the bay in between both forks is just awesome as well..

I find the people about the same on both forks....genuine and deep rooted and friendly folks but that changes come summer when the rich and famous or want to be famous invade......the snobbiness is more so on the south fork than the north fork IMO so overall, I prefer the North Fork over the South Fork...any day of the year.

Not to mention I love med rare marinated Porterhouse steak and nothing but nothing can beat the Elbow Room in Jamesport...

Old 01-21-2011, 11:50 AM  

I spent more of my childhood in Montauk / Hither Hills; now I find myself doing the wine / greenport run more often. Some great restaurants and events out there in the summer.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:57 AM  
AdironDoc

Nassau, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastEnd View Post
Not to mention I love med rare marinated Porterhouse steak and nothing but nothing can beat the Elbow Room in Jamesport...
Porterhouse at the Elbow.. thanks! My usual dig is the Frisky Oyster, but I love a good porterhouse as much as the next guy/gal!
Old 01-24-2011, 07:47 PM  

I prefer the North Fork...my family just moved out to Riverhead from Roslyn and it's beautiful out there.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:35 AM  

Southold, New York
Elbow East...Southold...just down the block from me so I can always walk home...Occaisonally go to Elbow in Jamesport with my friend Bill Van Hellmond of WCVH Services, Landscaping & Irrigation...Best.

Gene Gluck
Old 06-23-2011, 03:14 PM  

I rather be on the north fork. Seems to be less crowded and the relaxing in wine country is great.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York > Long Island
Bookmark this Page!