Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Los Angeles
Click Here to Login

Old 09-18-2010, 01:22 PM  

Los Angeles, California
Best Date Locations

Okay, I know I'm not the only one who's wondered this, but where are the best date locations around LA? What are some cool unique places that could be nice for a young man and his lovely date? I live near USC currently, so it's a bit difficult for me to imagine a nice place to go, so if anyone from outside the ghetto could enlighten, your information/input would be much appreciated.

Old 09-18-2010, 02:19 PM  

According to my daughter's boyfriend, who just graduated from USC, he advised go West about 15 minutes and go to La Brea area. There is the "Stinking Rose" (garlic everything, including great ice cream!) or the area at the Grove, which is at 3rd and Fairfax. Farmer's Market is located there and I love it as well, and usually catch a glimpse of some movie stars as you walk around.

Old 09-18-2010, 03:12 PM  

Los Angeles, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
According to my daughter's boyfriend, who just graduated from USC, he advised go West about 15 minutes and go to La Brea area. There is the "Stinking Rose" (garlic everything, including great ice cream!) or the area at the Grove, which is at 3rd and Fairfax. Farmer's Market is located there and I love it as well, and usually catch a glimpse of some movie stars as you walk around.
Ahh garlic, that sounds like a fantastic place. I'm surprised I've not heard of it already! Thanks for your input
Old 09-20-2010, 07:13 PM  

Los Angeles, California
bump for any more suggestions
Old 09-20-2010, 07:18 PM  

The "Chart House" in Malibu was always my favorite when I was dating, but I can't tell you if it is still there....it's been a long, long time!
Old 09-21-2010, 04:08 PM  

Los Angeles, Ca,
I love the Stinking Rose! I look my wife there on our third date. We are married now, so...
Old 09-29-2010, 07:05 AM  

Whittier, CA
Take her to the Getty museum in West LA. You will have something to look at and talk about. You should be able to get to know each other better, she has probably never been there and then afterwards you can go to dinner in Westwood.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:05 AM  

Glendora, CA
A walk around LA is awesome. Take her to angels knoll park, chinatown, olivera street, philippes french dip, santa monica and 3rd st promenade, old town Pasadena, you can take her kayaking in Long beach, the list is endless. Basically wherever you go, you cant go wrong. be creative, funny and whitty.

Also check out some of the events from the sites in my other post:

http://www.cityprofile.com/forum/los...042/#post19139
Old 10-06-2010, 06:25 AM  

Welcome neighbor!

I agree with the French dips at Phillippe's...They are the greatest!
Old 10-06-2010, 07:16 PM  

Taft, California
Marinas & Boardwalks

Try one of the many marinas around the city. I have always liked Marina Del Rey and Redondo Beach Peir. Any peir will make for a romantic portion of an evening. After a short walk on the Santa Monica Peir go to the Oar House for dinner and dancing. You spend a great Saturday afternoon at Venice Beach AKA Muscle Beach and cruiz the bike trail on a bikes or skates/blades. Lot's to see and she will feel safe knowing you are by her side. That makes for excellent bonding between you.

Happy dating!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Los Angeles
Bookmark this Page!