Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Los Angeles
Click Here to Login

View Poll Results: How many of you know about Tito's Tacos in Culver City?
Never heard of it! 3 16.67%
Grew-up with it! 6 33.33%
Just learned about it! 3 16.67%
Love it! 7 38.89%
Hate it! 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-29-2010, 02:44 PM  

Culver City, California
Culver City

Culver City is small incorporated city totally surrounded by Los Angeles. It's a separate community with great schools. I have lived here for over 60 years and wouldn't live anywhere else. How about you...

Old 08-29-2010, 03:44 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Los Angeles, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMCinLA View Post
Culver City is small incorporated city totally surrounded by Los Angeles. It's a separate community with great schools. I have lived here for over 60 years and wouldn't live anywhere else. How about you...
I can attest to that because I grew up there and still live within spittin' distance!

Welcome to the club Mom

Old 08-30-2010, 12:40 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Los Angeles, California
A brief history off the top of my head!

Culver City is known as "The Heart of Screenland".
It is the original home of the M.G.M. Studios amongst many others and is now the home of Sony Pictures Studios.
Many of your favorite movies and television shows were filmed in and around the streets of Culver City. Beginning in the era of the silent movie such classics as Charlie Chaplin, The Three Stooges, The Little Rascals and Our Gang Comedies. In the seventies I watched them film "King Kong" and the T.V. show "CHiPS". The list continues to grow to this day and includes many of the game shows like "Wheel of Fortune".
The downtown area near the studios has become a rather exclusive collection of shops restaurants and theaters with the landmark building "Culver Hotel" at it's center.
There is lots more but that's a start
Old 09-21-2010, 04:05 PM  

Los Angeles, Ca,
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLCinLA View Post
I can attest to that because I grew up there and still live within spittin' distance!

Welcome to the club Mom
No spittin allowed! (It's gross)
Old 10-14-2010, 09:25 PM  

Moreno Valley, Calif
I'm currently working in Culver City building the new Expo Light Rail Line and I'm sure its a nice place to live,but the city regulations are out of control. There are 2 sets of rules and that what bugs me. I'll be glad to get done and move on to another city.
Old 10-16-2010, 04:13 PM  

Culver City, California
More about Culver City...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMCinLA View Post
Just 6 miles north of LAX, downtown Culver City boasts of having more than fifty restrauants and the shortest Main Street in the U.S.A. even offers a great wine tasting room. The Culver Hotel is the anchor for the area. It was built in the 1920s and features 46 guest rooms. It is walking distance to the movie theater, Sony Studios, Culver Studios, Helms Bakery and the east-end gallery district, Smashbox Studios, the Kirk Douglas Theatre (live stage) and gyms, spas and more are nearby.

When Harry Culver established Culver City in 1917, he knew there was great promise in this area that was covered by rich ranch land, but little did he know the history of movie making would begin and continue on almost one hundred years into the future.
Old 10-22-2010, 10:39 AM  

LA, CA
Titos Rocks.
Old 10-29-2010, 11:21 AM  

Los Angeles, California
Hot topic!

Ooooh Tony! The Expo Light Rail Line is a hot/sensitive topic around here! LOL. So they're actually working on it now?

Back to the original post...I live just down the street from Tito's...yummy!
Old 11-03-2010, 02:21 PM  

pasadena, california
I work here but wouldn't live here... it's manufactured ambiance. Build some banners that say "art district" and they will come... so goes the hope. And restaurants overpriced - $15 for a burger at Fords?

I take it back - there is one worthy restaurant and ambiance - Tokyo 7-7 in a back alley. Worth a visit. Not saying it is gourmet, but awesome in its own way...
Old 11-13-2010, 06:11 PM  

Culver City, California
Tokyo

You have found one of the hidden gems for cheap, but good, breakfast and lunch in Culver City. Tokyo 7-7 has been there for probably 25 years or more and just the locals know about it. Shhh!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Los Angeles
Bookmark this Page!