Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Los Angeles
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-07-2010, 03:23 PM  
DMCarson

West Covina, California
Eagle Rock Brewery: How good is it?

Havent been but want to go because Im always open to new brews. Have you Had it and how is it?

Old 12-14-2010, 01:17 PM  

Glendale, CA, CA
It's ok. If I were driving from West Covina I think I woudl go to a few other places first:

Lucky Baldwins in Pasadena
Wurstkulke in tokyo town
Tony's Darts away in burank

Again - it's ok - if you have not been there and have been to the places listed above - maybe you should go - but I just wasn't impressed with the beer that much. It's unfortunate because I live closeby.

Old 12-14-2010, 05:58 PM  

Los Angeles, CA
I would skip Lucky Baldwins if you're really a beer guy. They don't clean their lines or taps EVER and you can taste it. I suppose if what they are serving is in a bottle it doesn't matter, but we stopped going there because we kept getting obviously infected beers and the servers denied it, saying "that's what it's supposed to taste like" but would never taste the beer themselves.

However, some other places I can suggest in the area are 38 Degrees in Alhambra, and Verdugo in Glassell Park. Verdugo tends to have an Eagle Rock beer on tap all the time, but they also have plenty of other stuff so you can always find something you like in case you decide you don't like Eagle Rock beer. They have NO SIGN and it's completely nodescript in a primarily non-commercial area, so if you drive there you are just looking for the address.

p.s. it is Wurstkuche in Little Tokyo -- also supposed to have an umlaut but no idea how to type those.
Old 12-15-2010, 02:16 PM  

Eagle rock... rocks. excellent brew and awesome guys.
Old 12-17-2010, 02:36 PM  

Los Angeles
What beers did they have on tap and how many?
Old 12-21-2010, 01:38 PM  

Los Angeles, CA
Eagle Rock Brewery is great! They're a father-son team who used to work in the Ent. industry before going full time beer making.

LA NEEDS a beer identity! Every other town in CA has an amazing craft brew scene. There's a reason why Wolfgang Puck lost $6 million in trying to build an LA brew pub... Brew Pubs are built from the ground up.

Godspeed to ER brewery!

Anybody know anything about Angel City Brewery?
Old 12-21-2010, 04:07 PM  

I plan on checking out Eagle Rock brewery sometime this week. The yelp reviews are great. Plus you can get a tour of the brewery.
Old 12-21-2010, 04:30 PM  

Gladstone, Oregon
weirdboy,
If you want to insert symbols I figured this out using MS word's insert symbolfeature:

Press and hold Alt then 0252 on the number pad = ?
Alt + 0246 = ?
Old 12-21-2010, 06:01 PM  

Los Angeles, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewsed View Post
weirdboy,
If you want to insert symbols I figured this out using MS word's insert symbolfeature:

Press and hold Alt then 0252 on the number pad = ?
Alt + 0246 = ?
I have no idea how to do that on my laptop....

But, thanks for the tip. Also, I know there are alt-codes (I think there's a similar thing on macs) but I am way too lazy to remember them.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Los Angeles
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.