Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Los Angeles
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-10-2010, 08:02 AM  

Bakersfield, california
Laguna Beach and Irvine Spectrum (if you like to shop also), plus there is a Dave and Busters restaurant there that has video games for the kids (and adults!).

Old 10-10-2010, 08:23 AM  

When I have out of state guests, I will usually head to Newport Beach, eat at the Crab Cooker, and finish with the short car ferry ride onto Balboa Island. I then head south on PCH to allow the great views of the ocean as we travel thru Laguna Beach and finish up at Dana point, where a walk along the yachts is great, especially when it is warm, where the views are fantastic, if you know what I mean!

Old 10-13-2010, 08:33 PM  

Palmdale, CA
-Fabulous Fords Forever. In April. All Ford car show at Knott's Berry Farm. Some of our local FSBs are usually in the show. Well worth going if you're here at the right time.

You must drive a gas powered ford. Nothing Fabulous about the 6.0l diesel! :}
Old 10-17-2010, 04:53 AM  

Taft, California
I grew up in Los Angeles and I realized in my teens that I lived in a world class destination city. I used to see tourists all around all the time so I decided to become a tourist in my own home town. I spent years looking for all kinds of new things to do around town and I have not seen it all. I have moved to different parts of the city and suburbs and to orange County and Kern County and I am still finding new things to do and places to go after doing this for over 30 years.

So my answer to you is whatever you like to do, we have it.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:54 PM  

If you have the time and resources, the drive up the coast to Monterey is a "must-do". There is plenty to do up in Monterey as well, starting with the aquarium.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:17 AM  

Long Beach, California
If your into cars (hotrods), free carshow every Saturday morning in Huntington Beach at a donut shop called Donut Derelicts. Corner of Magnolia and Adams. Just a show and shine, but usually a good showing and good mix of cars. Get there early, it starts clearing out 6:30-7am.
Donut Derelicts - The Official Site

If your into outdoor activities: Long Beach and Huntington Harbor rent kayaks and stand up paddle boards. Cool harbors to cruise around any time of year.

Also in Long Beach, you can rent bikes at several spots and ride along the beach path. Not too far and some good sights (Queen Mary). When your done you can walk to the Long Beach Aquarium or the Pike in downtown has tons of bars/resteraunts.

Drive to the top of Hill St, in Signal Hill for views from HB to Catalina to downtown LA. Freebe! Fun fact: Signal Hill is the only US city located within another city, completely surrounded by Long Beach.

I live in and Love Long Beach, can you tell?

Check out the Long Beach State Pyramid. Bluff Park in Long Beach overlooks the ocean then head down to 2nd street for some good eats. An after dinner walk around the Naples canal is nice as well.

If you head to LA, check out Staples Center, Dodger stadium, and Griffin Park has some nice hiking trails.

What am I doing typing? I should go do some of this. I love living here!
Old 02-11-2011, 12:50 PM  
Nobody

California
There is also the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library in Simi Valley. Being able to walk through an older Air Force One is something that you can't do elsewhere.
Old 02-19-2011, 06:04 PM  

Take your dog to the dog beach at huntingon beach. Its a great place for dogs of all sizes to get out and run with no leashes!
Old 02-20-2011, 12:44 PM  

Taft, California
I don't appreciate someone posting loads of text and links which are already available on the internet. Anyone could go find that info themselves. ElKabong, if you know so much about L.A., why don't you write new content about what you know that cannot be found on travel websites.

There is so much to see and do in Los Angeles, there truly is something for everyone and I think it's better to ask what kind of traveler are you? What are you looking for? If you know that before you come, then you will definitely find what you're looking for. If you're looking for the same old tourist traps, you can just go to any hotel or motel lobby and find tons of brochures on the literature racks.

message me directly with a specific question and I will help you find something to do.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:42 PM  

Pasadena, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARTIZAN View Post
I don't appreciate someone posting loads of text and links which are already available on the internet. Anyone could go find that info themselves. ElKabong, if you know so much about L.A., why don't you write new content about what you know that cannot be found on travel websites.

There is so much to see and do in Los Angeles, there truly is something for everyone and I think it's better to ask what kind of traveler are you? What are you looking for? If you know that before you come, then you will definitely find what you're looking for. If you're looking for the same old tourist traps, you can just go to any hotel or motel lobby and find tons of brochures on the literature racks.

message me directly with a specific question and I will help you find something to do.
Someone on another forum asked what there was to do in LA. My first post in this thread is primarily a copy of what I posted there, with some updates & changes before posting here. Most of the places listed are places that I have been to & have enjoyed. A couple are ones that I have heard good things about & hope to go to. It's the sort of list that I would share with friends & family when they visit from out of town. It contains some of the basic touristy stops, & some of the unusual places someone in my apparently lowly circle would like. I thought some might find the links useful, & spent quite a bit of time locating & adding them.

It is my list, prepared by me. Not a list that I found online. The text is my text, my short thoughts on those places. If you want more of a detailed or eclectic tour guide, buy one or write one. I thought it would be a good starting place for folks like you to add to & make a more thorough list, since mine is somewhat limited by my interests. I am by no means the expert on things to do in LA, just a guy who was sharing what he enjoys. With any other forum that I have spent time on, it works like that. We all add something so the final product becomes much better & more complete than that which is provided by an individual.

I am amazed that that first post would truly offend anyone. Please feel free to start another thread for the type of info that you think should have been here from the begining. I will be careful to not clutter it up. Also feel free to link to it here (Unless you think that one more link will overload the site).

p.s. If this is AZDD, I still think manuals are better.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Los Angeles
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.