Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Los Angeles
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-19-2010, 12:22 AM  

Los Angeles, ca
Good Indian Food west side?

My wife and I just moved here for school at UCLA. We came from the central valley near merced. There's an amazing Indian place in Merced called Taste of Little India. We've been a little homesick and so we decided to try to find some good indian food to remind us of home. We went to a place that was rated pretty highly on line called India's Oven on westwood. It wasn't bad but it didn't have the richness and depth of flavor we're used to. Anybody have any suggestions? There are a thousand indian places and we'd rather not kiss anymore frogs if that makes sense.

Thanks!

Old 09-19-2010, 12:33 AM  

I'm not into Indian food myself, but I did find the below information which may help select a good place to eat. Hopefully others will chime in and give you more to choose from.

Top 10 Ten Best Indian Restaurants in Los Angeles Los Angeles Area Gayot

Old 10-29-2010, 11:38 AM  

Los Angeles, California
Great food!

Agra Indian Kitchen on Washington and Lincoln!

2553 Lincoln Blvd
Venice, CA 90291.

Telephone: (310) 827-0050
Telephone: (310) 827-4152

Agra Indian Kitchen
Old 11-30-2010, 01:15 PM  

alright alright. here is the best most authentic indian food place. it is not near the westside though. you will have to drive to little india. take the 91 east to pioneer ave. it is called Rajadhani, 18525 Pioneer Boulevard, Artesia, CA (562) 402-9102
its a set vegetarian menu. this place is where the local indian people go to eat, or so an old indian local to us. so we went and it was amazing.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:27 PM  

Los Angeles, CA
My favorite Indian Restaurant is called Paru's. not only is the food great but during the spring and summer their patio is a great place to take a date. it's like eating in a garden. very cool.

5140 W. Sunset Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90027
323-661-7600
Old 01-10-2011, 03:47 PM  

los angeles, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerMe View Post
My wife and I just moved here for school at UCLA. We came from the central valley near merced. There's an amazing Indian place in Merced called Taste of Little India. We've been a little homesick and so we decided to try to find some good indian food to remind us of home. We went to a place that was rated pretty highly on line called India's Oven on westwood. It wasn't bad but it didn't have the richness and depth of flavor we're used to. Anybody have any suggestions? There are a thousand indian places and we'd rather not kiss anymore frogs if that makes sense.

Thanks!
hello "BeerMe",
There are many Indian Restaurants as mentioned in various replies to your post. If you are looking for home cooked authentic Indian food, (vegetarian, non-vegetarian, south Indian) and really affordable, there is this girl who provides meals around UCLA.
I don't know if she still does, but its worth a try. 424-832-9203, "tiffin service" ..
Good day
Old 01-11-2011, 09:41 AM  

Los Angeles, ca
Thanks for all the replies! We'll start working our way through this list and I'll post up my thoughts.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Los Angeles
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads