Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Los Angeles
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-19-2010, 07:05 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Los Angeles, California
In N Out secret terminology?

I know there is "animal style" and some other special terms that only the elite are made savvy to.
Can someone list all the ways to order at In-N-Out?

Old 12-20-2010, 05:47 PM  

CA
I do like In N Out but I think it's something you grow up on. I'll take a Laurel or Father's Office over them any day of the week. But In N Out kinda takes you back.
5 Guys are starting to pop up in SoCal and they're supposedly the competition to In N Out, but I think they're just trying to create some buzz for themselves.
I've heard the same mixed reviews about them.

Old 12-20-2010, 11:51 PM  

Los Angeles, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLCinLA View Post
I know there is "animal style" and some other special terms that only the elite are made savvy to.
Can someone list all the ways to order at In-N-Out?
In-N-Out Secret Menu - Davis Wiki

Although I notice that in the "sides" he lists jalapenos, which is wrong. I am pretty sure they are banana peppers.

Quote:
5 Guys are starting to pop up in SoCal and they're supposedly the competition to In N Out, but I think they're just trying to create some buzz for themselves.
I have been to the Five Guys in Carson a couple of times. The burgers are pretty good, although I usually like an animal style from In-N-Out better. What I really like about Five Guys is that you can grab a bunch of free roasted peanuts to enjoy while you're waiting for your food to be ready. Also the thing I *don't* like about In-N-Out is they undercook the fries, and if I ask for well done they overcook them. Really I want something in between, like another 20-30 seconds in the fryer. I really like the flavor of the potatoes they use, but wish they cooked them a bit more.
Old 12-27-2010, 04:21 AM  

Los Angeles, CA
Some of my friends don't like In-N-Out - they are also the ones that don't like cheese. I like cheese... I like In-N-Out. Wish they were open now!
Old 12-28-2010, 06:36 PM  

Lancaster, Ca
I think In N Out is one of the better places to eat and I hear they will be opening 8 new restaurants in Texas early next year. Anyone else hear that?
Old 12-28-2010, 08:49 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by activeracer View Post
I think In N Out is one of the better places to eat and I hear they will be opening 8 new restaurants in Texas early next year. Anyone else hear that?
If you visit the Texas site, you will read some posts about many people already salivating and "lickin their chops!"
Old 12-29-2010, 12:07 AM  

Simi Valley, CA
I love In n Out.
There may be better burgers at individual joints, but as far as fast food chains
go, there is no place better.
Always fresh. Their buns are a perfect combo of soft sponge dough and
crunchy toastedness. Huge tomatoes. Perfectly caramelized grilled onions.
Their shakes are great too.
And their prices are really good.
My favorite item off the secret menu is animal style fries: fries w/cheese, spread
and grilled onions. I have to eat them there, cuz they're too messy to take in the car.
Not very good for you, but oh so delicious.

I think they have lost a little bit of their specialness, now that they're everywhere.
It used to be in high school college that we'd have to make special treks to them.
We used to know where every single one was, and if we happened to be near
one we'd make a point of stopping.
Making me hungry right now!.
-Steve
Old 12-29-2010, 07:02 AM  

"That's what a hamburger is all about!"

Old 12-31-2010, 09:03 AM  

San Dimas, California
I think it's a "what do I want tonight" thing. Sometimes it's In-N-Out, sometimes Carls, sometimes the local joint. They all have something going for them except one thing.

Never had a bad burger at In-N-Out. Consistency means a lot.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:45 AM  

I really don't get why so many people love In-N-Out so much. I mean it's not bad, I don't mind eating there, but it's not great either and it never comes to my mind when I'm hungry. I really only go there when others want to go there. With that said, I've always gotten great, friendly, courteous service at the one by me.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Los Angeles
Bookmark this Page!

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.