Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Los Angeles
Click Here to Login

Old 12-18-2010, 11:42 PM  

Shakopee, MN
Pasadena/Rose Bowl

Coming into LAX on the 29th through the 3rd for the Rose Bowl. Go Badgers!!!

Are there any must places to eat or things to checkout (besides the major attractions) for the layman?

Old 12-29-2010, 12:26 AM  

Pasadena, CA
Welcome! Barney's in Old Town Pasadena is a pretty good bar & grill.
Gyu-Kaku Japanese BBQ is an interesting place to eat. There's a grill in the center of each table where you cook your own items in various sauces. Prices are much better during happy hour, & iirc Monday is happy hour all day. It's also in Old Town.

Also check out this thread: Going to visit the Los Angeles area. What is there to do?

I need to get some sleep, but I'll try to add some more later. Are you going to the Parade?

Old 12-29-2010, 06:51 AM  

I would also recommend Old Town Pasadena as a "must go!" If you have more time to venture out, a drive to Redondo Beach, Santa Monica or Venice Beach would be at the top of my wish list. If not, a stroll to old downtown Monrovia or downtown Glendora is always fun.
Old 01-01-2011, 03:19 PM  

Pasadena, CA
I don't know if you'll have a chance to check this on your trip, or what you like to do, or if you'll want to do anything after the game, but I'll throw this in just in case. There's a swing dance with a live band at 73 N. Hill Ave in Pasadena. Stompy Jones is playing. There's a class at 7:30 pm, & the band starts at 8:00pm. Price for the dance is usually $15.00, & the class is included.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:45 PM  

Pasadena, CA
So was the trip?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Los Angeles
Bookmark this Page!