Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Los Angeles
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-20-2010, 12:41 AM  

Westchester, California
Time to build an ark??

More rain than we have seen in a long time! I like it, how bout you? This city needed a good wash down.

Old 12-20-2010, 07:57 AM  

I also like it, as long as the house stays dry. I'm hoping they find a way to hang onto most of the water instead of dumping it into the ocean as they normally do, because I'm really tired of spending ~$100-$150 a month just for water!

Old 12-20-2010, 10:07 AM  

Westchester, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
I also like it, as long as the house stays dry. I'm hoping they find a way to hang onto most of the water instead of dumping it into the ocean as they normally do, because I'm really tired of spending ~$100-$150 a month just for water!
No kidding, and have you noticed that thru all the city water conservation projects my water usage is down close to 30% from 2 years ago but my bill is up 20%, go figure.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:31 AM  

They try to justify the increases for future maintenance of their equipment. My question to them is what did they do with all the previous increases, party hardy? It is just another monopoly, just like Edison!
Old 12-20-2010, 12:59 PM  

Los Angeles, CA
The other night we had a wet floor in our laundry room from the deluge seeping in under the door from outside...the soil was basically saturated and we had a 1/2" pool in one spot, right in front of that door, that turned into a 1/2" pool on the other side of the door.
Old 12-20-2010, 01:00 PM  

Los Angeles, CA
Also it seems like in LA they have lots of conservation programs and whatnot for water, but they do very little to collect rainwater during the winter. It just runs down the LA river into the ocean, which pisses me off.
Old 12-20-2010, 05:17 PM  

Yes, they let the water flow into the ocean so they can charge us more money at the tap! I'd like to see the water departments hand out big, inflatable 100 gallon plastic bags so we could collect out own rain water and use it when it gets hot and dry out here.
Old 12-20-2010, 05:43 PM  

CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortydog33 View Post
No kidding, and have you noticed that thru all the city water conservation projects my water usage is down close to 30% from 2 years ago but my bill is up 20%, go figure.
They've got to find a way to pay for all those broken mains somehow.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:37 PM  

Los Angeles, CA
I spent this evening going to buy a pump and then pumping out our flooded back patio, which had gotten so bad it was seeping into the laundry room where it was about an inch deep covering the whole floor. There must have been 500+ gallons of standing water on our back patio.

Good times.

And more than likely I'll have to start the pump up again tomorrow and Wednesday when it starts raining like crazy again.
Old 12-23-2010, 02:13 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Los Angeles, California
I live on the flattest piece of land in L.A. and the ground hit saturation levals yesterday, My entire 50"x60" backyard was under 6" of water.
Spent half the day today setting up the pump and running hose to the street. The pump just keeps running and running and running, you get the picture
Next week I can put the pump away for another two years

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Los Angeles
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.