Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Los Angeles
Click Here to Login

Old 11-02-2010, 12:17 PM  

Woodbridge, Virginia
What Keeps you In Los Angeles?

Five years ago, I left Los Angeles and moved to Virginia. I will NEVER come back!!! After a liftime in California, and NEVER seeing myself living anywhere else, I discovered that I had been born and raised in hell. I am sorry to say that but as a former California guy, I think that its important that you head my message. California is a lost cause! The economy, the crime, the politics, the potential for civil unrest at the drop of a hat, the insane gun laws, on and on. people..... you dont have to head to Virginia, but please.... take a few trips out of California and see for yourself. here in Virginia, anyone 18 or older can carry a firearm. People still love the country! people are polite and there is soooooooo much to do. be it hunting and finding prehistoric arrowheads, civil war relics or just hiking through the endless woods..... there is never a dull moment! There is more water here than anywhere I have seen! Creek after creek, lake after lake.... the ocean, so much to do. Please consider that if there is any National civil unrest, those in California will suffer the worst by far. they have forced the good people to be unarmed while the gang bangers and criminals are better armed than the police! if you were there in 1992..... think about that on a national level. Please..... take a look around and think about leaving while you still can.

Old 11-02-2010, 12:34 PM  

Who is unarmed here? I'm packing all the time, everywhere I go. BTW, it's not that bad here, but I like your thought. Everyone leave so the roads will be easier to get around without traffic! And take your undocumented housekeepers with you!

Old 11-02-2010, 02:53 PM  

Pico Rivera, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
Who is unarmed here? I'm packing all the time, everywhere I go. BTW, it's not that bad here, but I like your thought. Everyone leave so the roads will be easier to get around without traffic! And take your undocumented housekeepers with you!
They won't leave without their husbands.You know,the ones building your roads...
Old 11-02-2010, 05:29 PM  

The problem is that they haven't built new roads around here for several years. LA will however spend billions of dollars to tunnel from West Hollywood to the sea, which I just have to scratch my head over.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:04 AM  

Los Angeles, CA
I just had the talk about leaving last night after the elections took this state backwards. I had planned on escaping at retirement in ten years but the economy shot that to hell. Now we are wondering if it is worth the money I make here vs. the better quality of life elsewhere.

And the OP is wrong. We still have the second Amendment here in CA. And while the police are outgunned, if the shtf you can bet a lot of us law abiding will step up and help.
Old 11-03-2010, 02:18 PM  

pasadena, california
Just got back from a visit to VA... no thanks. The weather, beach, waves, and lifestyle is by far better in CA - just home the rich folks don't leave the state and leave it (more) bankrupt as the taxes are sure to go up... either way, I'm staying here... or Thailand I suppose...

However, Waffle House is awesome - I wish we had those here!
Old 11-03-2010, 03:44 PM  

Los Angeles, California
I'm stayin' in LA

Even if I didn't have family, business and home in LA there are a lot of reasons for me to stay. Here are a few:
  • LA is an international city. People from all over the world visit, work and live here. For me, this is a big plus
  • LA offers great museums, art & architecture. And a wide variety of great restaurants. That's civilized.
  • LA has beaches of every variety - and the shoreline belongs to the people of the state
  • If I want to leave LA, I can drive to amazing deserts, mountains, forests in a few hours' time. I can also get a flight to just about anywhere, non-stop.
  • NO SNOW
Every location has its pluses and minuses and everyone has their own preference. Vive la difference!
Old 11-04-2010, 06:50 AM  

Woodbridge, Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodaplumbr View Post
I just had the talk about leaving last night after the elections took this state backwards. I had planned on escaping at retirement in ten years but the economy shot that to hell. Now we are wondering if it is worth the money I make here vs. the better quality of life elsewhere.

And the OP is wrong. We still have the second Amendment here in CA. And while the police are outgunned, if the sitf you can bet a lot of us law abiding will step up and help.
I hear you brother. It's a sad thing and I never wanted to hate the beautiful state that I come from, but as you know.... California is not even close to the state that it once was. And my comment about the guns was "insane gun laws". I stand firm on that one. Any state that makes it all but impossible for the good people to carry a concealed firearm, is a lost cause as far as I am concerned. if your near Los Angeles, San Diego, or any other large city in California, you can be sure that you walk, jogg, drive past multipla well armed thugs that would pop your grape for looking at them wrong. yea man...... if you can get out..... I hope that you do. There will always be crime no matter where you go but there are so many better places than the sewer that California has allowed itself to become. Stay safe!
Old 11-04-2010, 06:51 AM  

Woodbridge, Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_c_c View Post
Just got back from a visit to VA... no thanks. The weather, beach, waves, and lifestyle is by far better in CA - just home the rich folks don't leave the state and leave it (more) bankrupt as the taxes are sure to go up... either way, I'm staying here... or Thailand I suppose...

However, Waffle House is awesome - I wish we had those here!
hahaha. And I wish that they had IN and Out here
Old 11-04-2010, 05:21 PM  

Los Angeles, California
[singing] I love LA!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaK View Post
Even if I didn't have family, business and home in LA there are a lot of reasons for me to stay. Here are a few:
  • LA is an international city. People from all over the world visit, work and live here. For me, this is a big plus
  • LA offers great museums, art & architecture. And a wide variety of great restaurants. That's civilized.
  • LA has beaches of every variety - and the shoreline belongs to the people of the state
  • If I want to leave LA, I can drive to amazing deserts, mountains, forests in a few hours' time. I can also get a flight to just about anywhere, non-stop.
  • NO SNOW
Every location has its pluses and minuses and everyone has their own preference. Vive la difference!
Ditto AndreaK! I love the diversity here. I love being able to eat whatever kind of food I want and not having to drive far to get it. LA is so central to everything. I love the practically year round warm weather. And when I need a break from the sun, the snow is not that far. Besides the politics of living here, and being a teacher affected by it, I love living in CA in general, particularly LA

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Los Angeles
Bookmark this Page!