Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Los Angeles
Click Here to Login

Old 11-13-2010, 04:15 PM  

Long Beach, California
Women and money lol

Old 11-16-2010, 04:26 PM  

phoenix, az
I was born and raised in California, Highland Park area to be more specific, moved to Phoenix 5-6 years ago and I do not even like to visit L.A. except for Tommy's. I Such a difference. I regret not going to Oregon as oppose to Phoenix but ex-wife got what she wanted.

Old 11-17-2010, 09:00 AM  

Westlake Village, CA
Having lived my entire life in LA I can say enthusiastically, "I love LA!"

Wherever you live, its all about perspective...if you think LA (or anywhere for that matter) is hell, then it will be for you.

From my perspective, LA can't be beat because:
  • my family is here
  • my friends are here
  • the weather can't be beat
  • I have snowboarded in the morning and surfed in the evening countless numbers of times
  • the variety of culture allows you travel the world without hopping on a plane
  • whenever I'm landing at LAX from wherever I've been around the world, it always feels like home
Old 11-18-2010, 03:58 PM  

Culver City, California
I was born here and live in Culver City. I probably would move away rather than live in Los Angeles City. Culver City is centrally located to just about everything by freeway and has so much to offer an adventurer. If I moved, it would be to a rural, quiet and lush area (maybe Napa!) I like to visit the snow, but I wouldn't want to live there!
Old 11-18-2010, 11:25 PM  

Canoga Park, California
[QUOTE=AndreaK;34127]Even if I didn't have family, business and home in LA there are a lot of reasons for me to stay. Here are a few:

[snip]
[*]LA has beaches of every variety - and the shoreline belongs to the people of the state

Tell that to the billionairs in Malibu

[*]If I want to leave LA, I can drive to amazing deserts, mountains, forests in a few hours' time.

Probably the best thing about LA

[*]NO SNOW

Snow has it's place... fifty to a hundred miles away!

[snip]

Steve
Old 11-19-2010, 05:10 PM  

I grew up here and have family here, but the lifestyle is much more relaxed than where I was living before: New York City. I want to be in a city center, but without the crowded-in feeling of a metropolis.

Long story short: I like it here, plain and simple. Family, friends, and a good lifestyle. What more could I desire?
Old 11-22-2010, 04:49 PM  

The subject asks a question, and though the OP seems to simply want a bashing fest against L.A., I'll answer it.

Actually, I left L.A. for the first time at age 25 for school in Palo Alto, and now I'm in New Jersey for a woman. And guess what.. I can't WAIT to get back to L.A. (already scoping out housing in Pasadena in fact).

Why? Duh....

The Sushi!

Really, though, people bash L.A. for a lot of legitimate reasons. Heck, I didn't look back at first when I left. But the beauty of L.A. is that you can carve out any kind of lifestyle you want, in any kind of subculture. The wannabe hollywood thing is pesky, but it only really gets in the way of life if you are distracted by it... you know... if you are jealous of all the bozos who "know people." Really, it's exactly the same in this regard as Miami or New York except for the AWESOME weather and all the natural beauty CA has to offer, as mentioned previously.

If you care about safe neighborhoods, great food, beer/wine, culture, outdoor recreation, and diversity, then there's no reason to hate L.A. unless you fail to understand it. If all you care about is guns, hunting, and colonial battlegrounds, then sure, get out!
Old 11-23-2010, 01:18 AM  

Canoga Park, California
And now for something completely different:

One thing keeps me in LA: Gravity.
...and inertia.
Ok, TWO things keep me in LA: Gravity and Inertia.
...and apathy.
Amongst the various things that keep me in LA are Gravity, Inertia and Apathy.
...and this chair.
Oh, wait, different skit. NEVERMIND!

Old 11-23-2010, 09:39 AM  

Seattle, WA
I too got out of LA --- ALIVE!

But some of the things I miss about LA:

Beaches in summer time.

Access to everything ... LA is like Waterdeep (if you are a gaming geek you know what I am talking about).

Parties, all-night restaurants and something happening ALL THE TIME!

A very wide selection of great restaurants.

Things I do NOT miss about LA:

Traffic and general over-crowded-ness

The smog and breathing conditions

The heat in summer - yep I am not an excessive heat kinda guy. Nor do I like the smell of urine on the city streets during summer. And nope I wasn't living in a ghetto.
Old 11-23-2010, 02:30 PM  

Los Angeles, CA
Company023

Great people, great sports and great fun

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Los Angeles
Bookmark this Page!