Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Los Angeles
Click Here to Login

Old 12-06-2010, 09:07 PM  

I have found some awesomeness in the in the LA area. My family loves Santa Monica, Long Beach and the rest of the touristy spots.

I have met some great friends down here. This is a great spot for my hobbies.

All it takes for me to dislike LA and CA in general is to sit in traffic. Not just traffic, but then to watch people drive on the shoulder for miles without any regard. Too many people just think they are entitled down here and this just seems to be a stage for it.

To answer the question, work keeps me here. Only till May though! I'm getting out!!! HAHAHA!

...excuse me.

Old 12-06-2010, 09:12 PM  

I agree with you, but where else can you go that pays well?

Old 12-06-2010, 09:30 PM  

Me? My job pays decently no matter where I do it (Electrical Engineering). Currently, I am military so I get paid the same base pay no matter where I live. My housing takes a hit, but it is also cheaper to live where I'm moving.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:47 PM  

Ahh, gotcha! Too bad my family lives around here, or I might follow you!
Old 12-07-2010, 09:04 AM  

Valencia, California
Having traveled to a lot of places, world-wide, I have come to the conclusion that there are things to like, and dislike, everywhere I have ever been. It's not the places that are good or bad, it's how your particular wants/needs fit with the place in question. If it doesn't work for you, find one that does! The likes, and dislikes about California that have already been posted are all valid, you have simply to choose to stay or go, but there is no need to bash the place. If you really long for the "good ole days" in Ca., then stay here and work for positive change, otherwise, opinioning on how brilliant you are for having left tends to fall on deaf ears of those who choose to stay.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:44 AM  

Woodbridge, Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
I agree with you, but where else can you go that pays well?
Northern Virginia is full of Government and contractor jobs that pay very well. I would not suggest living in DC but Virginia is great.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:48 AM  

Woodbridge, Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNDDUDE View Post
Having traveled to a lot of places, world-wide, I have come to the conclusion that there are things to like, and dislike, everywhere I have ever been. It's not the places that are good or bad, it's how your particular wants/needs fit with the place in question. If it doesn't work for you, find one that does! The likes, and dislikes about California that have already been posted are all valid, you have simply to choose to stay or go, but there is no need to bash the place. If you really long for the "good ole days" in Ca., then stay here and work for positive change, otherwise, opinioning on how brilliant you are for having left tends to fall on deaf ears of those who choose to stay.
Valencia? One of my favorite places. I owned two homes there No offense meant but using your logic (at the end of your comments) I guess all conversation falls on deaf ears. Each of us has our opinions and one of the great pastimes in life is communication with our fellow humans. Exchanging ideas can and does lead to new ideas and who knows.... maybe someone?s "opining" will cause a spark in someone else?s mind that leads to a very positive change. I see no harm whatsoever in friendly folks exchanging thoughts on this or any other topic.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:52 PM  

Long Beach, CA
I stay here chiefly due to stable employment. I have a great job. That and I've made a number of great friends I could see myself talking to 10-15 years from now. I'd be hard to leave moreso because of them. Also, there is an excellent bicycle community here filled with competitive riders, see WolfpackHustle every Monday night at 10pm. It's usually 40-100 miles, based on how they're feeling, of fast paced riding. Some serious Cat 1 riders show up so make sure you can chase a back tire. Always a good time.
Old 12-21-2010, 01:50 PM  

Los Angeles, CA
Yeah, those gun laws are a problem.

Tough choice between overwhelming opportunity for the driven and making sure I can protect my house with AK-47.
Old 12-21-2010, 04:04 PM  

I love Los Angeles. Where else can you wakeboard in the morning, then go snowboarding in the day, and surf as the sun goes down?

I also love the night life. However, I dont like the people too much.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Los Angeles
Bookmark this Page!