Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Los Angeles
Click Here to Login

Old 12-22-2010, 01:51 AM  

Long Beach, California
I'm originally from the Bay Area, my wife is from Virginia, and we now live in Long Beach. I like to go to the country to visit, but I'm a city person and I can't imagine not being able to walk to the beach. I run and bike on the beach path year round because of great weather. I/we have no family here, but can't see ourselves living anywhere else.
It comes down to lifestyle prefrence. I would rather live in another country/city (Spain) than live in Virginia. I need nightlife!

Old 12-22-2010, 03:34 PM  

Long Beach, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMStactical View Post
I hear you brother. It's a sad thing and I never wanted to hate the beautiful state that I come from, but as you know.... California is not even close to the state that it once was. And my comment about the guns was "insane gun laws". I stand firm on that one. Any state that makes it all but impossible for the good people to carry a concealed firearm, is a lost cause as far as I am concerned. if your near Los Angeles, San Diego, or any other large city in California, you can be sure that you walk, jogg, drive past multipla well armed thugs that would pop your grape for looking at them wrong. yea man...... if you can get out..... I hope that you do. There will always be crime no matter where you go but there are so many better places than the sewer that California has allowed itself to become. Stay safe!
I'm sure there is none of that in VA. I feel sorry for those people that live in constant fear of being a "vitim". I'm all for gun ownership, I have 3 but don't feel the need to carry for my protection. If you are crusing the areas where the THUGS hang out that's either on you for making a poor choice or you can't afford to live in a better area, in which case relocating to a cheaper state is an option. I'll wager I can find 50 people who have moved here from VA before you find 5 who moved there from CA voluntarily.

Old 12-22-2010, 07:13 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dozer217 View Post
I'm sure there is none of that in VA. I feel sorry for those people that live in constant fear of being a "vitim". I'm all for gun ownership, I have 3 but don't feel the need to carry for my protection. If you are crusing the areas where the THUGS hang out that's either on you for making a poor choice or you can't afford to live in a better area, in which case relocating to a cheaper state is an option. I'll wager I can find 50 people who have moved here from VA before you find 5 who moved there from CA voluntarily.
You owe him money. Check 1 way Uhaul rates. It's cheaper to bring a truck to CA (because they need them for folks moving out) from VA than the other way around. By about a grand too...

...just sayin'
Old 12-24-2010, 12:04 PM  

Long Beach, California
I know several friends who have recently move out of state from LA. All just trying to find cheaper living. All say they have found many Cali relocators where they are now.
Most with families can survive on one income and still own a large house out of stste. I'll take my small place and good weather over moving.
Old 12-24-2010, 07:01 PM  

Los Angeles, California
Aerospace industry has a pretty good foothold here. Plus, Go anywhere up the coast from LA and you find the most beautiful places in the world
Old 12-28-2010, 12:53 PM  

Long Beach, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndsgr View Post
You owe him money. Check 1 way Uhaul rates. It's cheaper to bring a truck to CA (because they need them for folks moving out) from VA than the other way around. By about a grand too...

...just sayin'
Which proves there are more Californians moving to VA how?
Old 12-28-2010, 09:39 PM  

Quote:
Which proves there are more Californians moving to VA how?
Just anecdotal supply/demand evidence to try and lighten the mood. Hence the "...just sayin' " and the dancing strip of bacon. Nothing says light hearted mood like dancing bacon, right?

Relax brother, no debates attempted. I defend your right to keep your LA, heck even all of CA, since I sure am happy to be rid of them soon.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:02 AM  

Woodbridge, Virginia
Quote:
Of course there is crime in Virginia and everywhere on the planet. I pity the person who pity?s one who elects to live and appreciate a lifestyle in a location that ?permits? self reliance over a failed government protection plan. I love it that YOU own three guns and do not (or are not permitted) to carry for protection. I am a retired Los Angeles police officer and know the reality that many chose to pretend does not exist. Living in Califo9rnia, you are not allowed to exercise your constitutional and God given rights of self protection. So, while you roam around enjoying the sun with your three guns locked up at home? you are at the complete mercy of any two bit gang banging thug who decides that he wants what you have or did not like the way that you looked at him, as you walked out of the 711. screw that brother! Sheeple, who depend on the police to protect them, call those who will never go down like a slaughtered lamb?. ?paranoid?. With that way of thinking, I suppose that in your opinion?. Anyone who buys a fire extinguisher is paranoid as well? I live and move around with no paranoia whatsoever?. Comforted in the knowledge that I will not allow myself to be victimized by the many many wolves that are among us. I know the real secret that the sheeple hate to confront. That being? by the time the police arrive to your ?situation? whatever was going to happen has already happened. If your lucky and the punk decided to let you live and only take your car?. Rock on Garth. I will NEVER leave the decision to allow me or my loved one to live up to any human being whatsoever. So yea?.. enjoy the sun and nightlife. It?s always great?. Until it?s not.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:03 AM  

Woodbridge, Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndsgr View Post
Just anecdotal supply/demand evidence to try and lighten the mood. Hence the "...just sayin' " and the dancing strip of bacon. Nothing says light hearted mood like dancing bacon, right?

Relax brother, no debates attempted. I defend your right to keep your LA, heck even all of CA, since I sure am happy to be rid of them soon.
I love the dancing bacon strip!!!!
Old 12-31-2010, 08:57 AM  

San Dimas, California
I used to say it was my Family, then my job. Now it's just comfort. 1r1sh said it clear, but I will add to that. Today I could choose to drive up to the mountains to go skiing, drive 5 minutes to the lake to go water skiing, go to the beach to surf, go to the desert to go dirt bike riding, or just go for a bike ride. Not many places in the world that I could do all of that in one day and all of it is withing 1.5 hours of my house.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Los Angeles
Bookmark this Page!