Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Los Angeles
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-06-2011, 01:18 PM  

Where do you go for Good Mexican Food?

I just returned from a week long Disney Cruise to the Mexican Riviera, Stopped in Puerto and Cabo. I was really looking forward to having some great, authentic Mexican food while ashore. Everything was so Americanized and bland. We ended up finding one place in Cabo that was pretty good but still I can say that I've had better locally in LA / Orange County. Now I'm jonesing for something good.

what's your favorite Mexican hole in the wall joints in LA?

Old 03-06-2011, 01:34 PM  

My personal favorite is El Cholo, on Western Ave on Los Angeles, about one mile north of the 10 fwy.

El Cholo Mexican Restaurants ~ Welcome

Old 03-07-2011, 08:23 AM  

Westlake Village, CA
+1 on El Cholo.

Also, a fantastic walk up stand is Yucca's in the Los Feliz area.

Seriously, the most authentic-amazing-mouth-watering-street-tacos you'll ever have.

There are now two locations: original location at 2056 Hillhurst is basically a wooden shack on the edge of a liquor store parking lot and the second, newer location is at 4666 Hollywood Blvd and has a larger seating area.

GO NOW!
Old 03-16-2011, 08:48 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Los Angeles, California
+2 for El Cholo
I also really like El Coyote on Beverly > El Coyote Mexican Cafe - Los Angeles Mexican Food Established in 1931
It's another one of the originals in Los Angeles with the true old school atmosphere and authentic flavors

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Los Angeles
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads