Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Louisiana
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-04-2010, 07:40 AM  

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Hey now, I know this is LA, but you only get one vote!

Old 11-04-2010, 11:52 PM  

Lafitte, Louisiana
Well, if you are referring to me, its because I was trying to enter the Lowes contest and my name was spelled wrong and I was trying to fix it. Hah!

Old 11-19-2010, 06:06 AM  

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
If you are visiting in N.O. and have a vehicle, get out of the French Quarter and explore around. For Cafe au Lait and Beignets for me personally Morning Call in Metaire blows Cafe du Monde away. I have always found the Cafe du Monde in the French Quarter to be filthy. I live in Gonzales and have enjoyed the Cafe du Monde in the Tanger Outlet Mall here in Gonzo though. I would drive the 40 minutes to Metaire though to Morning Call over it though.

Morning Call Coffee Stand, New Orleans’ “most famous coffee drinking place
Old 11-19-2010, 07:09 AM  

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Woot, glad to see another person from the big city of Gonzales (I'm actually from Prarieville though)
Old 11-19-2010, 09:18 AM  

Rockwall
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfe View Post
If you are visiting in N.O. and have a vehicle, get out of the French Quarter and explore around. For Cafe au Lait and Beignets for me personally Morning Call in Metaire blows Cafe du Monde away. I have always found the Cafe du Monde in the French Quarter to be filthy. I live in Gonzales and have enjoyed the Cafe du Monde in the Tanger Outlet Mall here in Gonzo though. I would drive the 40 minutes to Metaire though to Morning Call over it though.

Morning Call Coffee Stand, New Orleans’ “most famous coffee drinking place
I'll have to try that. We normally stay in Lake Charles and make a 2-3 day venture to NOLA. Anyway, we would have a vehicle to make the drive. How far out from New Orleans is Morning Call?
Old 11-20-2010, 05:56 AM  

New London, Ct
K Pauls was my favorite during a short stay back in 05. Maybe it was the mystique of PP but never had a disappointing meal there.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:45 AM  

Rockwall
Quote:
Originally Posted by edh92swb View Post
K Pauls was my favorite during a short stay back in 05. Maybe it was the mystique of PP but never had a disappointing meal there.

Looks quaint, what do you order when you dine there?
Old 02-01-2011, 01:58 PM  

Lafayette, Louisiana
Cajun resturants in New Orleans are for tourists... Stop in Lafayette for real Cajun food. Try T-Coons on Pinhook for crawfish ettouffe, shrimp creole or gumbo. However... New Orleans has some incredible places to eat. Mother's on Poydras Street is a favorite of mine for Po-Boys (try the Ferdi Special), Red Beans and Rice or breakfast if you're not enjoying beignets and cafe au lait at Cafe DuMonde.
Old 02-05-2011, 04:36 PM  

Lafayette, LA
T-Coons is good, but I wouldn't say it is the place for tourist in Lafayette. It's tough to beat a good poboy from olde tyme.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Louisiana
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads