Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Louisiana
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-21-2011, 03:02 PM  

King Cake

I live in Texas but come from a longgggg line of Cajun folks. Here is my issue. Yeah, the grocery stores around here sell "king cakes," but they definitely are NOT the real deal. Where can I order an authentic king cake from in Louisiana? I remember getting one way back when from a family member, but can't remember off the top of my head the name of the outlet.

Old 02-22-2011, 06:21 PM  

Westlake, Louisiana
Order one to be delivered to you in Texas?

Old 02-23-2011, 10:28 AM  

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Any real bakery will ship them to you. Shipping is OUTRAGEOUS though. LA to TX might not be as bad but shipped one to my cousin in NY last year and shipping was 50 bucks, and it barely resembled a cake when it got there.
Old 02-23-2011, 02:36 PM  

It would be shipping from Louisiana to Texas, yes, hoping shipping prices won't outweigh the actual cakes prices, but who knows!

It would be nice if it got here in one piece !
Old 03-01-2011, 07:32 AM  

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
The shipping is so expensive because it really should be shipped over-night and chilled. Otherwise it won't be fresh and the icing will melt. The problem there is most people who regularly ship chilled goods are crates of stuff like fruits, vegetables, fish/seafood, packaged good. That stuff doesn't require delicate handling like a king cake will, so your cake usually gets thrown around a beat to pieces in transit.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Louisiana
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.