Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Louisiana
Click Here to Login

Old 09-23-2010, 12:01 AM  

Opelousas, LA
Wheeling in Central LA?

Anyone know of some good places around central LA to go wheeling? I can find plenty of places to go and get stuck in the mud, but I want to find something more challenging.

Old 09-23-2010, 03:03 AM  

Cabot, Arkansas
Dont know about La, but there is a good spot in Hot Springs Ar ORV park

Old 09-23-2010, 08:19 AM  
Just passin through

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Sicily Island (Catahoula Recreation) is a place that our club and others frequent throughout the year. There will be a huge event coming up there on the weekend of Oct. 2 called the Louisiana Club Challenge where members will compete in different classes. There will also be wheeling opportunities that weekend as well. This is about the only place in La. that has some rocks (but not many), if that is what you are looking for. There are also some other places that we go to that we have built some trails on, including a property at Easleyville (just north of Greensburg). I understand what you say about mud, most of us really don't care for it as well and we have tried to build the trails avoiding mud but to have other obstacles instead. During the spring, there are a few places to go in St. Francisville as we prepare for the Cajun Jeep Jamboree. Those are some really great properties and are special for us as this is the only time that we get to ride them. Some of the other clubs have rides at some properties around Hammond. If you want to see more, look at LouisianaOffroaders.com/ under the section for Trail Rides/Get Togethers.
Old 09-23-2010, 03:23 PM  

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
You can hit Duhon's mud pit just outside of Lafayette
Old 09-26-2010, 09:23 PM  

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
What's the closest place to BR? Some buds and I have been looking for a place around here, but my yj can't make it to some of these places off the I-10
Old 09-29-2010, 06:43 AM  

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdyj View Post
What's the closest place to BR? Some buds and I have been looking for a place around here, but my yj can't make it to some of these places off the I-10
There aint jack to do in Baton Rouge. couple of small illegal places, one place that is kind of a "grey" area as to wether its illegal or not. finally, there are actually some huge dunes off of river road, but i don't tell people where they are because if you get caught there i gurantee they impound your rig and you likely spend some time in a cage.

Sicily Island is probably the best wheeling there is in the area, but its a decent drive from baton rouge.

I'd also recommend registering at the LA4x4 forum that sardog posted. I'm not a member, but I've been on a few of their rides at some other local (private) lands, and they were a good time. Beware the Off Topic forum over there though - it gets kinda raw.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:58 PM  

Baton Rouge, LA
Where is Duhon's?
Old 10-04-2010, 02:59 PM  

Jackson, MS
Catahoula by far the best south of Hot Springs. Porterlane offroad in florence, MS is getting better and better.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:22 AM  

Baton Rouge, LA
Are those places public or do you have to be a part of a group to ride?
Old 10-05-2010, 08:43 AM  

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by DROK View Post
Are those places public or do you have to be a part of a group to ride?
Catahoula Rec is public, but you do need to call and make reservations.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Louisiana
Bookmark this Page!