Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Kentucky > Louisville
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-11-2010, 11:12 PM  

Georgia
Day Drives From Louisville

It's Saturday morning, you are up and ready to roll, where do you go from Louisville?

Old 11-12-2010, 09:28 AM  

Louisville, Kentucky
Well.. Nowhere usually . But If I wanted a day trip, there are a number of State parks and Forests in the area. I have been to Clark State Forest in Indiana, they have camping and hiking, a very scenic hilly terrain. Bernheim Forest is nice too.

A little further away is Clifty Falls State Park, good hiking. There are a few lakes nearby, but I have never been without a boat so I dont know what foot activities are there. I know Taylorsville Lake, and Gist Creek Lake have very reasonable john boat rentals if you like to fish. Its way too cold now to do this, but you can rent pontoon boats from Taylorsville and Patoka Lakes. Patoka is much better lake for on water recreation, its larger and much more open. Taylorsville is packed with fisherman and really long and narrow for the most part.

Old 11-18-2010, 09:19 AM  

Depends on what your into, The bourbon trail is cool if your into learning of the indigenous beverage of choice. Cincinnati is not more than 2 hours away, chock full of all sorts of activities, personnally I find Louisville has more than enough on any given weekend to keep someone interested.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:46 AM  

Louisville, KY
Bourbon trail is awesome! I saw Marker's Mark distillery with a group of friends, and we had a blast. We also hit Bardstown after and ate at the Chapeze House, which was very good, and again had bourbon samplers. Another good place to eat, and fun is the dinner train in Bardstown.
Old 11-29-2010, 12:22 PM  
Haz

Louisville, Kentucky
Indianapolis and Cincinnati are close, but there is plenty to do in Louisville. No day trip required!
Old 11-29-2010, 01:46 PM  

Louisville, Kentucky
Mammoth Cave

Just 1:40 away is the second Largest cave system in the world. They have multiple tours that are really cool. And even if it's 20 degrees out.. it's always 65 in the cave!
Old 12-05-2010, 09:08 AM  

Cincinnati, Ohio
If you are into family events, the Cincinnati Children's Museum and Natural History Museum at Union Terminal is a great time when it's too cold for hiking, etc!
Old 12-06-2010, 07:07 PM  

Louisville, KY
The one place that never is mentioned is Tioga falls. Just North of Fort Knox area, it's a park largely untouched with a gorgeous waterfall in the spring.

(The area is closed three weeks in Oct though, so you can't get in then.)
Old 12-17-2010, 09:25 AM  

Bloomington, IN
Falls of the Ohio State Park - Falls of the Ohio State Park - is just across the border in Clarksville, Indiana.
Old 12-20-2010, 01:10 PM  

Louisville, KY
It's a *little* far away, but I enjoy hiking in Red River Gorge. More of an overnighter or 3 day trip, given the distance. Natural Bridge is nice too.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Kentucky > Louisville
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads