Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Maine
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-17-2010, 09:41 AM  

Bangor, ME
Best lobster roll in the state is at the Eagle's Nest in Brewer, ME

Old 11-20-2010, 01:55 PM  

El Paso, Texas
Bayley's Lobster Pound, Pine Point Scarborough

Old 11-22-2010, 03:01 PM  

Bangor, Maine
Lobster Fest down in Winter Harbor is an awesome event every year (that is if you like drinking on boats and eating lots of lobster) however best dinner would probably go to the Muddy Rudder in Brewer, its kind of a uppity place ($$$) but GREAT food
Old 12-14-2010, 02:20 PM  

Bangor, Maine
There is a little hole-in-the-wall place in Howland, Maine called Jim & Jill's. Jim is the cook and Jill is the waitress. They are the only two employees there and this little restaurant is their baby.

Jill is extremely friendly and Jim is a fantastic cook. The prices are absolutely realistic. The portions are a little bit larger than what you'd serve yourself at home, so you MIGHT have leftovers if you opt for desert, like some of Jill's homemade pie.

They have a full bar and several beers on tap and bottled.

The place is just off from exit 217 on I-95, or about 2 miles from Rte 2. The drive north/east along Rte 2 is absolutely fantastic in the summer with the top and doors off the Jeep. It runs along the Penobscot River and offers a nice wide road with a decent surface for bikes. The only drawback is you may encounter logging trucks running between Lincon and Old Town. (about a 25 mile stretch)

Another great place with fantastic seafood is on Rte 178 in Bradley.
Claudia's Seafood, just a few miles off from Rte 9, on Rte 178 is a 15 minute ride from Brewer (Bangor's sister city). They have a large screen-house for folks who want to eat there, they ship lobster and other seafood anywhere in the country.

My girlfriend and I have been known to be out for a ride in the Jeeps and called ahead to have a couple lb of steamers ready for us when we arrive. It's actually located across the road from a Jeeping-trail access road. It's not uncommon for us to go out jeeping and give them a call as we near the end of the trail. Stuff our bellies with some tasty ocean treats, then head home to Bangor for the evening.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:50 AM  

san diego, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpease83 View Post
I think you might be referring to The Maine Lobster Festival which is in Rockland, August 3-7 this year. I'm on the board of directors so if that is something people want to know more about I can provide alot more information. Thanks. Maine Lobster Festival | 63rd Annual Maine Lobster Festival - August 4 - August 8, 2010 in Rockland, Maine
Right, sorry.

Rockland = Lobster and snowplows.

I have a friend that lobstered off vinalhaven for a couple of years.
Old 12-20-2010, 08:26 AM  
***** of PV4WD.com

Bangor, Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucifer View Post
Another great place with fantastic seafood is on Rte 178 in Bradley.
Claudia's Seafood, just a few miles off from Rte 9, on Rte 178 is a 15 minute ride from Brewer (Bangor's sister city). They have a large screen-house for folks who want to eat there, they ship lobster and other seafood anywhere in the country.

My girlfriend and I have been known to be out for a ride in the Jeeps and called ahead to have a couple lb of steamers ready for us when we arrive. It's actually located across the road from a Jeeping-trail access road. It's not uncommon for us to go out jeeping and give them a call as we near the end of the trail. Stuff our bellies with some tasty ocean treats, then head home to Bangor for the evening.
^X2 ... and l'm the girlfriend ... so yes, when ever he says lobster ... l am there ... lol ... and l am allergic to it ... but who can say no to seafood
Old 12-21-2010, 10:19 AM  

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
Right, sorry.

Rockland = Lobster and snowplows.

I have a friend that lobstered off vinalhaven for a couple of years.
My sister lives there. They own Vinalhaven Fuel
Old 12-21-2010, 10:21 AM  

New York
Black Bull Tavern in Rockland... and the bar maids arent too shabby to look at
Old 12-21-2010, 10:22 AM  

Portland, Maine
My vote is for Harraseeket Lunch & Lobster in Freeport. On the wharf, lobster boats bring in the goods as you order.

Plus you can buzz by LL Bean afterward.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:13 PM  

the best lobster dinner you can get is to buy them fresh off the boat and cook them yourself

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Maine
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.