Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Maine
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-20-2010, 04:37 PM  

Portland, Maine
Allagash clearly takes the cake in Maine for sure for their creativity and quality. Try Allagash Black if you are into darker ales, it is a Belgian style Stout.

Also try Marshall Wharf out of Belfast for excellent Lagers and Ales.

Sebago is the way to go for a brewpub in Maine. Their food and beer combination is really enjoyable, and only getting bigger and better.

Old 12-21-2010, 01:11 PM  

Auburn, Maine
I'm a mug club member at Gritty's in Auburn but Allagash is hands down my favorite. Second would be Sebago. I enjoy Gritty's but they are very narrow minded about what they brew. I wish they would take the blinders off once in a while and brew something crazy.

Old 12-23-2010, 02:46 AM  

Windham, ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by akthor View Post
I am not a fan of seadogs. Kind of an uppity crowd there. Worse they serve their beer piss warm.

Unfortunately they only brew pub in Bangor and really the only bar in Bangor that isn't a dive or a danceclub.
I disagree sir have you ever checked out the Rev. Noble??? Very nice bar across from Paddy Murphys, sorta a well kept secret for us Fraternity Folk.
Old 12-23-2010, 02:47 AM  

Windham, ME
I like Shipyard, but I'm partial to Sam Adams being from MA originally.
Old 12-24-2010, 09:38 AM  

Bangor, ME
The Whig and Christophs used to be over that way too. The whig was cool but its tough to get over that way with really no parking. Paddy's is ehhh you seen one Irish pub you kinda seen them all. Bull Feeneys in Portland is ok. But as far as pubs in Bangor? Nah I'll just drink at home.

If I want to go pub hopping I'll go to the old port in Portland or Bar Harbor in summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTEK1 View Post
I disagree sir have you ever checked out the Rev. Noble??? Very nice bar across from Paddy Murphys, sorta a well kept secret for us Fraternity Folk.
Old 12-24-2010, 09:45 AM  

Bangor, ME
The Whig and Christophs used to be over that way too. The whig was cool but its tough to get over that way with really no parking. Paddy's is ehhh you seen one Irish pub you kinda seen them all. Bull Feeneys in Portland is ok. But as far as pubs in Bangor? Nah I'll just drink at home.

If I want to go pub hopping I'll go to the old port in Portland or Bar Harbor in summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTEK1 View Post
Old 12-25-2010, 10:28 AM  

Windham, ME
The Whig is closed now for good, never been to Christophs, but your not there really isn't anything special there in Bangor.
Old 12-26-2010, 01:14 PM  

portland, maine
Sunday River brew pub is nice if you're in the area.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:47 AM  

Farmingdale, Maine
I like my own home brew, but for a brewpub, I'd have to say the Liberal cup in Hallowell. As for a brewery, I'm looking forward to Baxter Brewing Co. to come out with their new line of microbrew in a can.
Old 12-28-2010, 03:54 PM  

Dresden, Maine
I'm a huge fan of Steve Gorrill's Sheepscot Brewery (out of his barn in Whitefield). $6 growlers. Best classic ales I've ever had. I'd definitely go with Allagash for fine beer brewing, though.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Maine
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.