Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Maine
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-08-2010, 03:59 PM  

Pittsfield, Maine
Homebrewers

Homebrewers of Central Maine unite?
Would you like to do brew sessions with other homebrewers?
Share your favorite recipes?
Please respond if you are interested and any suggestions you might have.
Maybe we can get a Homebrew club going in Central maine.

Old 12-09-2010, 01:31 AM  

Greene, Maine
I'd be interested. I've just started doing 5 gal batchs. First is still in the ferm. Waiting for this cold to go away before i bottle.

Not much i could contribute since i'm just starting.

Old 12-17-2010, 06:44 PM  

Orono, ME
This is something I would be interested in. I don't personally brew yet but I have always wanted to get into it
Old 12-20-2010, 04:46 PM  

Portland, Maine
This is the homebrew club that I am a part of in the greater Portland area.

Portland Mashing Maineiacs

We meet up once a month to showcase what we are currently working on for brews. Good guys and good times.
Old 12-21-2010, 12:56 PM  

Auburn, Maine
I guess it depends on what you consider central Maine. I'm in Auburn and have wanted to start a club up around here for a few years now but I'm not really sure of the interest in this area. I will certainly keep and eye out if anyone is starting something up.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:55 AM  

Farmingdale, Maine
I manage, Kennebec Home Brew in Farmingdale and we used to have a beer club here, but had to do away with it due to time constraints. I'd like to start something up this summer. I'm working on putting together a bunch of classes for the spring/summer to go over everything from extract brewing to all-grain on a budget. Keep an eye on Facebook or our website for more info this spring.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:36 PM  

Bangor, Maine
My father has been brewing for probably 8 to ten years now. He's produced probably 75ish batches. He bottled at first, but because it is so much work sanitizing everything, he now brews into kegs.

He uses old pepsi kegs. The lines, adapters and such are pretty commonplace. They are easy to sanitize, inexpensive and work perfectly. He has four kegs I believe, so he always has two on tap, one usually ready to be cleaned or just cleaned and one that is waiting to go into the kegorator.

I don't think he's brewed a bad batch of beer yet!

I'll have to find out where he gets his stuff from, but I know he orders it online and has it shipped to him. He gets kits as he's found that gives the best end-result.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:15 PM  

Bangor, Maine
I'm a homebrewer. I was actually brought to this site by HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.
I just made a 1 gallon batch of mead today and have a 5 gallon that has been fermenting for a month now. I have several batches of beer that I have bottled before I switched to kegging. Now I have a 4 tap kegerator, 3 taps for beer and 1 for soda for the woman. At the moment, I only have a stout and an IPA on tap, but tomorrow I'll probably add a root beer (soda) that I have been procrastinating to make.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:10 AM  

I loved those brew club meetings at the Farmingdale store. We'd meet bi-monthly and pick a specific style of beer to brew for the next meeting. We'd all try everyone's beer even if it wasn't the specific style for that meeting. There was also mead & wine at the meetings. Always great beer and experience levels from just getting started to all grain. It'd be great to get that up and running again.
Old 03-02-2011, 02:11 PM  

The Farmingdale folks opened a shop in Bangor and are now having homebrew club meetings monthly on the last Friday, at 6pm. Last week's meeting was delayed due to weather, so it's this Friday.

Central Street Farmhouse

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Maine
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.