Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Maine
Click Here to Login

Old 12-20-2010, 08:21 AM  
***** of PV4WD.com

Bangor, Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinuxPoser View Post
Gonna have to plug for Bangor as well, It's a nice place to raise kids, I'm glad I got to grow up here. It doesn't offer as much diversity as I'd like, but if you want a more active area I support the choice of Portland.
Bangor is a great area, but unless you have a job lined up, there is not a lot to be found here for work

Old 01-05-2011, 05:38 PM  

The County, Maine
I would not move here without a GOOD job lined up! The taxes here are high here, Income, Excise, etc,etc. I moved up here with the job, but after taxes it was not much of a raise.
gregj

Old 01-13-2011, 06:59 AM  

I second the Brunswick, Richmond, Bowdion area. Easy access to points north or south pretty much 30 min from everywhere.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:35 PM  

Washburn, ME
Just make sure you already have a job before you move. I live in northern maine and there isn't crap for decent paying work. Gas and oil is expensive and the taxes are high.
Old 01-15-2011, 11:51 PM  

I was hoping to get a job in Maine, or even NH, but that's just not happening. I almost started a contract job in Portsmouth, NH, but I got offered a perm job in Waltham, MA... So I'm destined to stay a M******* for some time to come. At least until I can get a job in a state north of here... Maybe I'll be out of MA in the next 10 years...
Old 01-22-2011, 03:15 PM  
The Herrigel Group

Portland, ME
I live in Portland Maine and love it!! Such a great scene.. not over crowed..lots of things to do, restaurants.. a good mix of everything. I am also a local real estate agent and this page on my site has a lot of useful information on Portland Maine real estate.

Hope this helps and all the best from Maine,
John
Old 01-23-2011, 03:54 PM  

Des Moines, Iowa
I used to live in Ogunquit, and Bangor and Portland are both great cities, with Bangor having slightly cheaper living conditions.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:51 PM  

Lewiston, Maine
If you're looking for a good paying job, move Lewiston/Auburn south. Most of the good jobs are Portland/NH/Boston

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Maine
Bookmark this Page!