Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Maine
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-23-2010, 06:30 PM  
Supporting Member

Yakima, Washington
I got to visit Bahh Habahh last summer. It was beautiful up there. I was there for a wedding so I didnt get to visit Acadia. But I did get some fresh lobster at one of those little road side lobster houses.

Old 09-23-2010, 08:56 PM  
Traveler

Vinalhaven (Island), Maine
I moved to Maine from the Big City (Chicago) back in 1994 to an island off the coast of Maine. No regrets. One thing I truly love about this State (aside from its beauty) is the fact that there's little pretense. People are way more concerned about the kind of person you are rather than who you are, or what you own, or what you drive, or how much money you have, or what you do for a living.

Especially here on the island, when someone from away expects preferential treatment because they see themselves as more important, they're laughed clear out of the damn State. It's a great thing.

John

Old 09-30-2010, 05:44 PM  

Northen, Maine
Been from here to Texas and many places between and one thing sums it up and its the state motto Maine "The way life should be"
Old 09-30-2010, 07:14 PM  

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Why Maine?

Well reading the thread was the original poster sold on Maine yet?

We live in Tulsa, OK and on our way to Maine for our 4th year in a row! Why? Beautiful land, trees that move through the clouds, beautiful people, and and and....

I love the land, and the feel of Maine, retiring in 5 years and leaving Oklahoma. I miss the 4 seasons and yes the snow (originally from New York). Miss the snow everyone asks; I won't be driving in it to go to work when retired so I think I will throw a log in the fire and enjoy it from the inside of our log cabin.

PS.... have grandkids to shovel the drive........... and a tractor.

PSS If anyone has any suggestions on a 'small' town that is close to a Mayberry type town with a Andy Griffith as Sheriff let me know............ I'll pack my bags immediately!
Old 09-30-2010, 11:55 PM  
Traveler

Vinalhaven (Island), Maine
The most amazing part of Maine is the coast. There's no other place in the country like it. The key however is visiting when the place isn't swamped with tourists and their screaming kids, yet the weather is still pretty nice. The ideal months seem to be May, Sept and October.
Old 10-02-2010, 01:10 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Los Angeles, California
To answer your question (OffRoadGears) Yes!
Maine is definitely on the list and to be quite honest this tour is going to require a very extended vacation
I am looking forward to seeing just "how life should be".
Old 10-03-2010, 09:27 PM  

Bangor, Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diavolicchio View Post
I moved to Maine from the Big City (Chicago) back in 1994 to an island off the coast of Maine. No regrets. One thing I truly love about this State (aside from its beauty) is the fact that there's little pretense. People are way more concerned about the kind of person you are rather than who you are, or what you own, or what you drive, or how much money you have, or what you do for a living.

Especially here on the island, when someone from away expects preferential treatment because they see themselves as more important, they're laughed clear out of the damn State. It's a great thing.

John

Quoted because this is one of the best descriptions of Maine that I've heard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diavolicchio View Post
The most amazing part of Maine is the coast. There's no other place in the country like it. The key however is visiting when the place isn't swamped with tourists and their screaming kids, yet the weather is still pretty nice. The ideal months seem to be May, Sept and October.
Also very true. Stay away from the tourist hotspots at all cost lol
Old 10-04-2010, 05:50 PM  

baltimore, maryland
the sites and the lobster and some good hunting
Old 10-07-2010, 02:17 PM  

Norwell, MA
from someone who has just recently moved here to go to college, i love it. way more than massachusetts where i came from. Clean air (I go home and i'm practically choking), wide open countryside. and plus theres moose, bear, cabella's, kittery, and Unity College
Old 10-07-2010, 03:50 PM  

Belfast, Maine
Snowmobiling,Ice fishing, Wheeling,Camping, Hunting etc. If your not the outdoors type stay to the coast and visit the historical sites and summer festivals. Lobster fest Clam Fest etc.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Maine
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads