Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Maine
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-27-2010, 08:14 PM  

Pennsylvania
I once spent a summer in Caribou, Maine, and it was by far, the most peaceful, beautiful place I've ever been to in the US. If that's not a good reason to visit, I don't know what one is.

Old 12-28-2010, 12:37 PM  

Augusta, ME
If you're an outdoors person, you can't beat Maine! We're an excellent 4 season wonderland! You can hike, fish, swim, suntan, bike, hunt, leef peep, ski, snowmobile, boat, see professional baseball and hockey games, you name it! Come any time of the year, for a week, 2 weeks, it doesn't matter, you'll wish you stayed longer!

Old 12-28-2010, 12:47 PM  

Worcester, MA
from Mass, but love Maine and go a lot for work.

Bar Harbor is easily one of the most beautiful places to visit, I recommend late spring or early fall. skip July and August due to tourists.
Old 12-28-2010, 03:46 PM  

Dresden, Maine
Leaving Los Angeles

I like the space to roam. I left L.A. in 2002, moved to Maine to farm. I've never looked back.
Old 12-28-2010, 05:47 PM  

Guilford, Maine
Slow down and take a breath. Most places north of portland maine are nice and slow. You won't see 4 car crashes on your way to work or wait an hour to cross the road. Out of the small city areas it is so peacefull just to sit back and enjoy true silence
Old 12-28-2010, 07:21 PM  

Not to be a troll, but Don't. If you don't have a reason to come here, than don't.

Otherwise you'll likely be another one of those people from "away" who comes for a vacation and decides they're not leaving.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:58 AM  

Bar Harbor, Maine
Farming!
If you're interested at all in farming, there is a really nice network of small, organic farmers in Maine, particularly in the Unity/Freedom/Liberty area, but also along the coast. Eliot Coleman's farm is in Brooksville (sort of a farm celebrity) and most of them are happy to have people take an interest in their work.
MOFGA (Maine Organic Farmers and Gardeners Association) website, MOFGA.org is a pretty good resource for locating farmers and seeing whatever workshops and things are going on.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:01 AM  

Dresden, ME
really... you just want one reason? Baxter State Park, Allagash River, Penobscot River, Moosehead Lake, the list goes on and on... just make sure if you visit that you travel further north than Portland/Freeport, and if you really want to do yourself a favor, make sure you head north and west of Bangor into the North Maine Woods.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:13 PM  

Penobscot Bay. One of the most beautiful tranquil places I have ever seen.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:19 PM  

Georgia
So you can learn words like Ayuh and Diyah, Diyah!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Maine
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.