Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Maine
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-26-2010, 01:18 PM  

portland, maine
RMTP in Maine

Has anyone been to RMTP in South Carthage Maine to 4 wheel? I came across a mention in a magazine article and have never heard of the place.

Old 12-26-2010, 04:36 PM  
***** of PV4WD.com

Bangor, Maine
it is amazing ... l know both my club, PV4WD.com and Maine4x4.org have both gone ... PV4Wd had a camping weekend, we plan 2 weekends for coming year

John Steele, the owner will actually take you on some of the trails, they will cook on demand for you. The food is really good.

We had a camp fire, private camping spots (we had over 20 tents). the is also facilities (on a good day) ... lol ... he had a bit of trouble last year ... they are self sufficient with heat, hot water and electricity

There is a mud pit, firing rang ... and many many trails ... there are basic trails and trails that would make the best of the best "pucker".

John does have a web site ... RMTP: Maine's Premier Off Road Terrain Park

you can call him and he will explain everything in detail ... if you are bringing a group of people ask him about group prices.

l can not speak highly enough about RMTP ... like l said ... PV4WD.com is planning 2 weekend camping trips in 2011

Trish ... aka ... Doc

Old 12-27-2010, 02:11 PM  

portland, maine
thanks for the info. I'll check out your club site as well.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:30 PM  

Bangor, Maine
Yeah, they're good stuff! The ground up in the area where we camped is sandy... almost to the point of being silt. It's very fine so when you set up your tent, even if you don't have a pad to sleep on, the ground would be very soft.

We used an air mattress, which is kinda cheating I guess... but we both slept like babies!

I highly recommend the 'Stonehenge' campsite up on top of the 'Chute'. The view from it is great, and the huge stone campfire ring is perfect for moderate sized groups (20ish people) to sit around the fire and shoot the bull after a long day of wheeling!
Old 12-31-2010, 07:21 AM  

Lewiston, Maine
Awesome terrain. We (maine4x4) had a great time up there this fall. We got to meet Rick Pewe of Peterson's. John's a good guy. I can't wait to get up there again.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:03 AM  

What are the trail difficulties? Wondering if my full size bronco and wifes wrangler would suffice?
Old 01-13-2011, 06:33 PM  

Bangor, Maine
The trails there vary from Class 1, all the way to class 9.

When we went, there were some bone-stock JK's that were literally only weeks old. Obviously the owner didn't want to destroy his rig so he avoided the super-gnarly stuff and he didn't get any damage.

There's some pictures on our club site of our trip. Of course they are pics of some of the more aggressive stuff, but it should give you at least a preview!

Penobscot Valley 4 Wheel Drive Picasa Gallery Browser
Old 01-17-2011, 05:12 AM  

Washburn, ME
I really have to get down there this year. Kinda of a long drive from Washburn.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:54 PM  

Lewiston, Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan77 View Post
What are the trail difficulties? Wondering if my full size bronco and wifes wrangler would suffice?
Everything. Literally. Go, you'll enjoy it.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:07 PM  

I am with PV4WD aswell and I cant wait for RMTP this year. Its going to be great!!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Maine
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads