Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Maine
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-18-2011, 02:32 PM  

Verizon Dead Zones

Traveling extensively through Maine next month, are there any dead zones that anyone has experienced? I've been told to get a satellite phone, but if I can avoid the expense, I just want to have my phone.

Old 01-20-2011, 03:26 PM  

Vassalboro, Maine
here is the coverage map from verizon's website. Verizon has the best coverage in Maine in my opinion.

The west side on Northern Maine in White is still very undeveloped (ie few people) There aren't even town names in that area, just numbered plots of land in many cases

If you are travelling throughout Maine in populated areas, you shouldn't find too many dead spots, but rural travel in Maine is another story.
Verizon Dead Zones-verizon-coverage.jpg 

Old 01-20-2011, 04:40 PM  
Lonely HUMMER Guy

A satellite phone for Maine? Who told you that?
Old 01-22-2011, 10:17 AM  

Washburn, ME
There are dead spots in northern maine around washburn and other areas, but it is no big deal. Drive a mile down the road and it works again.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:50 PM  

Lewiston, Maine
I've had Verizon for a long time and traveled all over the state. Porter area seems to be a small dead spot. I had great service up above Greenville a bit. Also, I have good service up through Bangor. I'd say, if you're not driving into the woods, you'll be all set.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Maine
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads