Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Maryland
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-08-2011, 12:30 PM  

Silver Spring, Maryland
4 x 4 shop

I am looking for a good 4 x 4 shop for parts and repairs in the Rockville area. I need someone good with steering and alignments. Any ideas?

Old 02-08-2011, 04:41 PM  
Simmah Dahn Nah

Grason-Vegas, Maryland
Pm sent.

Old 02-10-2011, 12:02 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubdeep View Post
Pm sent.
Can you share? Rockville is not so far away from me that it would be prohibitive.

I have heard of a place in Burtonsville called Adrenaline Offroad, but I have never used them and make no claims to their quality.

We have Mid Atlantic Offroad in Glen Burnie, but I don't know much about them. Only stopped in once, and didnt see much that interest me at the time. Not sure if they do hands on repairs or not.

There is another place in Laurel, but when you look at it in Google maps, it looks like it is in a residental area. (?)

Should we start a new thread, or maybe have folks enter in data on 4x4 shops that they know exists in Maryland into this thread. I know I would find it useful.
Old 02-10-2011, 03:18 PM  
Simmah Dahn Nah

Grason-Vegas, Maryland
You asked . . .

Here's the ones I know of that we have either shopped with, worked for, or have wheeled with the owners over the last 15 years.

Hope this helps.

4X4 Shops:
Adrenaline Offroad, Burtonsville (Laurel), Md: Jeff Jurgrau, owner. Great guy, amazing prices, installs available, mild to wild. We've known Jeff for about 10 years. Always supports the local clubs with prizes for holiday parties, special events, etc. Plus, he's a Jeeper and competes in the RCrocs events and is a life-long Big Dogs sponsor.
Welcome to Adrenaline Off Road LLC.

Adventurous 4x4 & Speed, Hagerstown, Md: Randy Wood, owner, Wayne Kendel, co-owner. I haven't had the opportunity to purchase from Randy, but we have wheeled with him. Amazing guy, always helped out at any large event we put on. From Wayne: "The Adventurous 4x4 website is going to be updated over the next few months and will have over 1000 products added to the site."
Adventurous 4x4 & SPEED

Appalachian Offroad, Westminster, Md: Mike Bosley, owner. Again, great guy, does amazing custom work with whatever you bring him: cages, axles, motor/tranny/t-case swap, buggy builds. They do it all and are extremely reasonable.
Appalachian Off Road -

DelMarVa Offroad, Salisbury, Md: Mike Ferrari, owner. Sounds like a broken record, but Mike will do whatever he can to help you out. From custom CNC machining to simple gear installs, as well as nearly any product you can find in a catalogue, DOR can get it for you as well as install it.
Delmarva Offroad

Mid-Atlantic 4x4 and Speed, Glen Burnie, Md Very over-priced, cannot recommend them as I've seen lots of shoddy lift installs from that place. If you need to buy hard parts, (U-bolts, Hubs, etc), they may have them in stock. I'd have to say they are a 'speed' shop first that sells some 4x4 parts.
Mid Atlantic 4x4 & Speed 410-766-2727 MID4x4.com

Steig Brothers, Mt Airy, Md: Josh and Sean Steig, owners, ASE trained Jeep mechanics by day, Jeep mod magicians by night. If it's a jeep and either has an issue, needs maintenance, gear/ lift install, motor swap or a complete restoration, these guys are amazing.
Please PM for number, as I use his personal cell

Trick Trucks Lots of these places around. Used to get my hard parts from the one in Edgewater since a buddy was a manager there. Fairly good selection on tires and wheels, used to have blems and tire deals every once in a while. Haven't been to one since the late 90's, so I can't comment on any current status of the business.
Trick Trucks :: Truck Accessories, Equipment, Parts, Caps

Specific shops:
Perry Hall Power Equipment, Baltimore, Md Used them to cut down some axles tubes and rebuild a driveshaft. Good work, pricey, and it takes a little while to get stuff back. Good work though.
(410) 391-2300

A1 Driveshafts, Baltimore and Washington, D.C. If you broke a driveshaft, need one lengthened, shortened or rebalanced, they'll do it. Great stuff. Annapolis Auto Parts delivers to their shop, so a trip to A1 isn't always necessary.
A-1 Drive Shaft - Driveshafts * Front Wheel Drive Axles * Rack & Pinions

Napa Auto parts Lots around. We get our Warn locking hubs there. Very cheap.
NAPA Online

Don't get me started on Junkyards/ Auto recyclers . . .
Old 02-11-2011, 12:38 PM  

Thank you. That list is way more complete than I could have ever hoped for. Nees to be made a sticky in this thread or one of its own.
Old 02-11-2011, 02:19 PM  
Simmah Dahn Nah

Grason-Vegas, Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevKaos View Post
Needs to be made a sticky in this thread . . .
Done.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Maryland
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads