Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Maryland
Click Here to Login

Old 12-16-2010, 07:05 PM  

Severna park, Maryland
Also mills in Annapolis in nice. Talk to the beer man there Ben he's a good guy and he will help you out.

Old 12-20-2010, 08:58 AM  

Baltimore, MD
New place - North Star

North Star Liquors opened in Reisterstown a few months ago. It's were the old North Star Restaurant was just down Westminster Pike from the Full Moon.
Awesome beer and wine selection - it rivals Perfect Pour and State Line.

If they don't have a beer, the owner will attempt to get it - great guy!

808 Westminster Rd
Reisterstown, MD 21136-4620
410-517-1240

Old 12-20-2010, 09:34 PM  

Baltimore, Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherITguy View Post
I've been to the ones in Towson (one of the best in Baltimore County) and in Hampden (IMO the best in Baltimore City). Both are EXCELLENT choices for hard to find microbrews.

The Wine Source is my favorite place to go for hard to find beer. The name seemingly suggests that they are the place to take care of your wine needs. But their beer selection is easily one of the most robust in Baltimore. The owner there will even attempt to order any beer he doesn't carry if there is something particular you thirst for.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:10 AM  

maryland
we prefer Northridge in Ellicott City. family owned and very helpful, never try to oversell.
Old 12-21-2010, 09:08 PM  

Preston, Maryland
I live on Maryland's Eastern Shore near Easton. There is one store in particular called Hair of the Dog that has an outstanding collection. They specialize in local beers and wine, but they have most anything else that you might be interested. They have one location in downtown Easton, and another just off of Route 50. Part of their beer selection is organized not by brewery, but by beer style, which I find quite interesting and helpful. They also have a rewards program quite like that of some grocery stores. I highly recommend them.
Their url is Hair O' The Dog - CoffeeCat - NightCat
Old 12-22-2010, 06:44 AM  

Frederick, MD
Couldn't agree more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
Beltway fine wine and spirits
Beltway Fine Wine & Spirits Wine Store in Towson, MD : 410-668-8884
They are like the Super Wal Mart of beer/wine/liquor

If like me you live in the Frederick area, Ye Ole Spirit shop on 7th street is the best in the county.
I couldn't agree more. I too live near Frederick and stop at 7th street, but when I need to stock up I go to Beltway in Towson. Last time I was in there, I came home with 6 cases of wine... Sadly, I may need to go back soon, or not so sadly, really....
Old 12-25-2010, 07:29 PM  

Annapolis, Maryland
Bay Ridge Liquors in Eastport is a really great store. twice a year they have a sale and sell everything for $1 above wholesale cost!
Old 12-27-2010, 09:28 AM  

Salisbury, Maryland
cheers

i cant speak for all of maryland but salisbury i would say cheers..microbrews, smal craft. great local selection..huge selection of wine as well..knowledgable staff knows what is coming out..pulls low abv's that dont sell so your never buying bad beer. regular tastings.. really good place.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:03 AM  
Simmah Dahn Nah

Grason-Vegas, Maryland
The eastern shore is rapidly becoming a mecca for high quality brews. Tons of places are always popping up with new tastings. There was a small brew festival this fall at Kent Narrows which showcased a lot of the local talent.
Old 12-27-2010, 04:47 PM  

Darlington, Maryland
Bottleworks in northern Harford Co, right on route 1.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Maryland
Bookmark this Page!