Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Maryland
Click Here to Login

Reply
Old 02-08-2011, 08:34 AM  
Member

Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 34 | Kudos: +11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubdeep View Post
A few of us are getting together to plan some wheeling trips for Spring. Everyone is welcome.

February 5, 2011 / 2:00 till....
Procolino Pizza
711 Washington Avenue # 9
Chestertown, Maryland 21620

Well it reminds me of Pizza with bear!!!
__________________

Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 09:52 AM  
Junior Member

Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 24 | Kudos: +10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubdeep View Post
A few of us are getting together to plan some wheeling trips for Spring. Everyone is welcome.

February 5, 2011 / 2:00 till....
Procolino Pizza
711 Washington Avenue # 9
Chestertown, Maryland 21620

I found this posting to late for this gathering, but I am interested in doing some wheeling this spring. I have a basically stock 05 Rubicon, so as long as its nothing to extreme, or has cutouts like at Rausch, I should be good. If nothing else, it would be cool to meet other local wheelers.

BTW, not that I promote wheeling in this spot, but I live walking distance from a notorious wheeling spot off of Coca-Cola drive.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 12:30 PM  
Simmah Dahn Nah
 
Hubdeep's Avatar

Grason-Vegas, Maryland
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 121 | Kudos: +10
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevKaos View Post
BTW, not that I promote wheeling in this spot, but I live walking distance from a notorious wheeling spot off of Coca-Cola drive.
Local updates:

Bloody Ponds in Glen Burnie, Yellowgates in Crofton, Coca Cola Drive off Rt 100, and the old Land Rover Test Track in Upper Marlboro all are illegal and off limits. Even Trails Rd was nearly closed when locals put up a gate to block access except for locals. The issue is that people (predominately not jeepers, use these places for illegal dumping of trash.

Bloody Ponds and Yellowgates were used as dumping areas for stolen cars from Baltimore City.

Coca Cola drive is acually owned by two separate entities: CSX Railroad and Howard County; that property is currently in development.

The Land Rover test course was closed back in 1997 when they built their own course down off MLK Blvd in Lanham.

If you are wheeling on "the stream by the bent tree with a beer can in it," then it is more than likely Private Property. If you do not have expressed written permission to be on said bent tree beer can stream, then you are trespassing.

__________________
?Who cares how time advances? I am drinking ale today.
~Edgar Allan Poe
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 02:02 PM  
Junior Member

Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 24 | Kudos: +10
Like I said, I'm not wheeling there, which is why I am looking for safe and proper wheeling spots. I have never actually even been back there. Besides being illegal and private property, what I hear is that a few people have died back there. Apparently there are some deep, deep mud holes that people have flipped in and ended up drowning. What I hear is that they are going to build houses back there. There have been a few zoning meetings over the past couple months, but I haven't made it to one.

When I was a teenager, and lived in Brooklyn Park, we used to run around Bloody Pond. It was rather dodgy even back then, and I don't think I would want any part of that place now for anything.
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 05:34 PM  
Simmah Dahn Nah
 
Hubdeep's Avatar

Grason-Vegas, Maryland
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 121 | Kudos: +10
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevKaos View Post
Like I said, I'm not wheeling there, which is why I am looking for safe and proper wheeling spots. I have never actually even been back there.
No, I gotcha when you said that. I was just stating that there are few if any legal wheeling spots in Md. Didn't mean to sound like I was singling you out. That was not my intent. If it came off that way, I apologize.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevKaos View Post
Besides being illegal and private property, what I hear is that a few people have died back there. Apparently there are some deep, deep mud holes that people have flipped in and ended up drowning.
Wow. Haven't heard that. Wouldn't surprise me though. The water back there rises quickly, flash-flood like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevKaos View Post
What I hear is that they are going to build houses back there. There have been a few zoning meetings over the past couple months, but I haven't made it to one.
Honestly, I heard that 15 years ago. I'm guessing that can't get permits because of the stream back there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevKaos View Post
When I was a teenager, and lived in Brooklyn Park, we used to run around Bloody Pond. It was rather dodgy even back then, and I don't think I would want any part of that place now for anything.
I don't blame you bud. Curtis Bay/BP gives me the willies . . .

Thanks for the updates.
__________________
?Who cares how time advances? I am drinking ale today.
~Edgar Allan Poe
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 06:09 PM  
Junior Member

Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 24 | Kudos: +10
Not a problem. I understood what you were pointing out.

maybe that is what the county needs to do. Put a wheeling course out there and limit the number of vehicles that can come in at one time and marshall it all. Ok, I'll wake up now and stop dreaming.
Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 03:04 PM  
Simmah Dahn Nah
 
Hubdeep's Avatar

Grason-Vegas, Maryland
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 121 | Kudos: +10
Private property:

Great day yesterday local wheeling. It's nice to know farmers who go wheeling. I never knew there were hills on the eastern shore. . .

This sign started out the day:


I never knew there were hills on the eastern shore. . . :rofl::rofl:




Wife's save of the day . . .
__________________
?Who cares how time advances? I am drinking ale today.
~Edgar Allan Poe
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 08:48 AM  
Junior Member

Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 6 | Kudos: +10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubdeep View Post
Private property:

Great day yesterday local wheeling. It's nice to know farmers who go wheeling. I never knew there were hills on the eastern shore. . .


I never knew there were hills on the eastern shore. . . :rofl::rofl:
Where on the shore? I see you're in Grasonville - I grew up in Queenstown. Definitely no hills there lol!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:17 AM  
Simmah Dahn Nah
 
Hubdeep's Avatar

Grason-Vegas, Maryland
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 121 | Kudos: +10
About 10 miles north of Chestertown . . .quite honestly, the middle of nowhere . .
__________________

__________________
?Who cares how time advances? I am drinking ale today.
~Edgar Allan Poe
Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Maryland
Bookmark this Page!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Suggested Threads

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.