Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Maryland
Click Here to Login

Old 07-09-2012, 09:13 PM  

Baltimore, Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmywrangler03 View Post
One neighborhood trumps all others..Naptown! (that's Annapolis for you out-of-towners!)
Especially if you don't have to ever try and park. Next to Manhattan, it's da bomb.

Does that crazy dude still walk down West Street everyday in a traffic lane during rush hour? Every time I go there I see more and more chain stores and less and less of the olde towne flavor. Soon it'll be all Starbucks and Targets.
Yeah, and that whole traffic and parking thing is absolutely abfreakinsurd. Even Columbia is actually lookin' better again.

Old 07-09-2012, 09:22 PM  

Baltimore, Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
Coles Notes!

Only a Quebecois eh? Coles

Hey... is it still considered inappropriate if I curse like a Quebecois instead of like an American? The have a much more entertaining vernacular... practically takes cursing to the level of art. Best of all, every one of them began as a slight on the Catholic Church.
Taberbernac! :0

Spent the shortest summer of my life working in Port Cartier one week. No wonder you guys drink so much.

Old 07-09-2012, 10:00 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Port Cartier is not exactly a ringing endorsement of our lifestyle, but weren't we talking about MD?
Old 07-10-2012, 12:13 AM  

Baltimore, Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
Port Cartier is not exactly a ringing endorsement of our lifestyle, but weren't we talking about MD?
Certainement.
Maryland is a reasonably easy place to find work because we are located so close to the giant teat called Washington, whence all wealth redistribution flows. Consider it a form of perverse Reaganomics. The gov't takes all, pays as much as possible to its political cronies, and then redistributes what little is left between the welfare States that supported whatever crooked party happens to have the power at that particular time. The tax rates of every surrounding State are still noticeably lower, and the Maryland State gov't employees number almost double the per capita found in the surrounding States. The net effect is that most of the central part of the State, which includes the capitol Annapolis, as well as the abyss called Baltimore, has a huge generationally dependent class of direct welfare recipients, complimented and abetted by an equally dismal number of Federal, State and local gov't employees. Add the disabled (probably half of which are so classified just because they are literally too fat to work) and the elderly on Social Security, and you have a population that can't wait to elect the next bung hole that will promise them something for nothing. It's kind'a sad actually. Sort'a like watchin' Howard Stern bounce the Frisbee off of the mentally retarded kid's forehead in Private Parts.

As for Port Cartier, I couldn't agree more. Love Montreal though, and your snow trails are friggin' insane. Who needs roads?

Oh yeah... Maryland averages one of the worst average commutes in the nation, and by some strange coincidence, our roads are also approaching third world status. AAA estimated that they cost the average car owner several thousand dollars a year in premature wear and equipment failure related to their automobiles.
The only thing better than growing gov't too big not to fail, is watching it fail like the well oiled cacophony of hot air and BS that it is.

We are also rapidly growing (as fast as our Governor can possibly manage to hand out welfare benefits and voter ID cards) the most significant illegal immigrant population on the East Coast. We just proudly past the milestone this year where people of color now constitute the majority and White/Anglo/European descendant types are now the new minority.

I wonder if that means they are now eligible for Affirmative Action hiring, special loans and money giveaways? Hey... I want some free stuff too!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Maryland
Bookmark this Page!