Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Maryland
Click Here to Login

Old 12-10-2010, 11:00 AM  

Greenbelt, MD, Maryland
Holiday activities for small children?

I have a one year old son and am looking for some fun inexpensive things to do with him for the holidays. I've heard good things about Zoolights at the National Zoo, and someone told me that there's a neat train set up at the Botanical Gardens in DC.

Anyone know some other good holiday activities around here?

Old 12-14-2010, 09:38 AM  
Simmah Dahn Nah

Grason-Vegas, Maryland
It's a bit of a drive but there is a drive through "Winter Wonderland" at Sandy Point State Park just outside of Annapolis. It is about a 2-3 mile circuit that is lit up with many many lights and lighted sculptures. There is a small fee involved, but it is pay by the car-load. Also check around the harbors (National, Baltimore, Annapolis) for a 'Parade of Lights'. Folks decorate their boats with Christams lights and run parade fashion where people can vote on 'best in show'.

Old 12-21-2010, 09:35 PM  

Preston, Maryland
Homestead Gardens in Davidsonville has a great selection of Christmas items and they have various craft classes that they teach. Their light displays are gorgeous. The whole place just takes you back with their colloquial charm and presence. They offer all sorts of activities year round. I recall taking a field trip back in school there and we made soap. It was quite an experience.
Their url is Homestead for the Holidays
Old 01-10-2011, 02:07 PM  

Maryland
I know it's a little late but Train gardens are always fun for kids from 1 to 99. I like the one at Jarrettsville fire house.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Maryland
Bookmark this Page!