Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Maryland
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-03-2010, 09:34 AM  

Washington D.C., Maryland
Annapolis Home Brew is a nice little store... looking forward to seeing it post expansion. Decent selection of grain... did not have an organic selection a month ago when i was in there, but said he was looking into it with the store expansion. Prices are fair and they are willing to work with you if you show them better prices elsewhere. Was a little disappointed in their lack of non-commercial HB equipment (i.e. keggles, "homemade" chillers). Again, maybe things to come with expansion!

Old 12-03-2010, 09:36 AM  

Washington D.C., Maryland
I forgot to mention that Annapolis HB has a decent website where shipping is a flat rate $7.95 no matter what the order.

Old 12-03-2010, 05:01 PM  

Bowie, MD
Prior to reading this thread, the only one I had heard of was Annapolis Homebrew although I've never been to it yet.

I used to live out in Washington State, and I visited Homebrew Heaven and bought a lot of equipment there since their prices are awesome...once I moved here though, I found out they don't have great shipping.

I just ordered a lot of new equipment from Austin Homebrew supply (Austin Homebrew Supply) and they have free shipping on orders over $100, or $7.99 flat rate.

I'm definitely going to head over to Frederick one of these days though - that sounds like it might be a really neat shop.

I should visit Annapolis Homebrew soon as well since it's so close :-P
Old 12-05-2010, 09:47 AM  

Damascus, MD
I'll give another +1 to the Flying Barrel in Frederick. They have always been very supportive of our homebrew club FOAM (Frederick's Original Ale Makers), letting us hold our meetings and some special events there. Very knowledgeable staff who are always willing to help with a recipe or ingredient question. MDHB is also a nice shop. I've bought a few things from them but don't get over there often.
Old 12-07-2010, 08:23 AM  

Elkton, MD
Up here in the Northeast Corner of MD the closest and ?only? place to shop is:
How Do You Brew | Home Brew Shop Delaware |<?php echo $pagetitle; ?>

These folks are pretty good. Funny hours (check before your go), supply both beer and wine equipment and ingredients. They offer occasional beginner classes (never been). Generally I like to shop there and find the staff knowledgeable and friendly.

I want to check out Annapolis HB - but for me that's a 90 min drive, so....
Old 12-07-2010, 12:14 PM  

Joppa, Maryland
I'd recommend the thirsty brewer as well. I heard about them at a local home brew club meeting. They are really knowledgable and helped me tweek several recipes.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:34 PM  

gaithersburg, maryland
+1 to MDHB. Always cheap and helpful.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Maryland
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.