Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Maryland
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-17-2010, 04:53 AM  
Simmah Dahn Nah

Grason-Vegas, Maryland
Yeah we got some crazy pics. We stood in the middle of route 50 on the way to Ocean City. NO ONE around. Looks like a ghost town. Crazy to think of if you've been over here on a Friday or Saturday and trying to get to the beach in the middle of summer . . ..

Old 11-17-2010, 09:38 AM  

Baltimore, Maryland
..I managed to walk 3/4 of a mile through the city without a single car moving..It was fun being able to walk waist deep in some parts through the middle of the streets and not see anyone. It was a different feeling.

Old 11-18-2010, 09:39 PM  

MD
As a WI native living in MD, I say let's see some real snow!
Old 11-30-2010, 04:50 AM  

La Plata, Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by subtraho View Post
I came here from Nebraska, Snow that is melted off in a week or two isn't really snow
Old 12-03-2010, 05:15 PM  

Bowie, MD
Quote:
Originally Posted by subtraho View Post
I used to live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan...I kind of like the lack of snow - lol

If I ever start missing it I can always go back for a quick visit, I must admit I didn't care too much for the snow removal around here although I know they did the best with what they had and know how to do!

And to keep with the topic - if anyone stops over here with questions about moving to SoMD, I will gladly answer them. I know I've seen several people on a couple other boards asking what St. Mary's county is like! Ha ha
Old 12-27-2010, 04:45 PM  

annapolis, maryland
recently moved here from south jersey. needless to say i'm not completely happy with where i ended up... (being rushed for relocating for a new job didn't help) and i'm looking for somewhere to move to when my lease is up in the summer.

i would like to move somewhere that was a little more wooded and less populated, i've driven through severna park and it seemed pretty nice. any recommendations? i work in Hyattsville (dont want to live there) and will be renting. i'm currently in a TH in annapolis off of forrest drive. thanks!
Old 12-27-2010, 07:35 PM  

Millville, DE
The Traffic is a NIGHTMARE!!!!! I would only live there if I worked from home.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:36 AM  

Annapolis, Maryland
I would love to take my Jeep out to play in a foot or two of snow....but the four feet we had last year?? umm, not so much! other than that, moving to MD was the best thing I have done. Almost moved to VA....so glad I didn't!
Old 01-04-2011, 08:37 AM  

Annapolis, Maryland
wouldn't do Severna Park...have you thought about Cape St. Claire or St. Margarets areas of Annapolis. A little pricy, but def worth it, and so much prettier than SP. Woods and water, can't go wrong!
Old 01-06-2011, 08:26 AM  
Simmah Dahn Nah

Grason-Vegas, Maryland
I keep saying it, but if you want a nice piece of land, safe areas, and woods/fields/farms around you, look to the eastern shore. From our house, (near the 50/301 split), it takes us 30 minutes to Annapolis, 50 to DC, and 50 to Baltimore. We commuted over the Bay Bridge for 5 years. You get used to traffic in certain areas, but once you hit the bridge, it was like a weight lifted off.

I grew up in Annapolis and h-a-t-e coming back into town now. I remember when Edgewater had one stoplight and the old Safeway. Now urban sprawl has changed the lands below the South River into a giant suburbia.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Maryland
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.