Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Maryland
Click Here to Login

Old 12-20-2010, 10:54 PM  

bath, ny
OceanCity

Hello, Who out there goes to Assatigue (?) Island and drives on the beach? I want to share a season ticket with someone because I can only get down there a week of the year. Summer.

Old 12-26-2010, 01:35 PM  

portland, maine
I was down there in October and had a ball. However the $90 for a ORV daytime permit was a shock. the permit is good for one year, so I plan to go back next summer. The permits are non-transferable and are glued to the inside of your windshield. They also write your tag number in bold magic marker so you can't really share it even if you manage to unstick the thing. Hardcore wheelers sneer at just driving up and down 16 miles of sand, but we had a good time. I wished I had brought my fishing gear though.

Old 12-27-2010, 07:53 AM  

baltimore, md
for 90 / day they should fill your tank too.
Old 12-27-2010, 09:18 AM  

Salisbury, Maryland
fo 90 they should let you ride the horses...I actually did ride one..the day before i got married..nothing more magical than riding a wild stallion down the beach..yeah i know im a jerk...i regret it. a great place to go though..im lucky to have it in my backyard.
Old 12-27-2010, 02:08 PM  

portland, maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikota40 View Post
for 90 / day they should fill your tank too.
for $90 they should do a lot of things

I asked one of the Rangers why so steep and was given a song and dance about environmental concerns. Interestingly, the US park has a camp ground near the beach, but it only has cold showers. The State park on the beach next door has heated showers and costs less. Go figure.
Old 12-27-2010, 02:52 PM  

Westminster, Maryland
Are you sure the permit is purchase date to purchase date? It might beJan 1 thru Dec 31. I know the state permits are.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:39 PM  

Millville, DE
How would you go about sharing the pass? Don't they give you permanent sticker that you put in your window?
Old 12-27-2010, 07:42 PM  

Millville, DE
I looked into getting a pass a few months ago and it is 365 days from the date you buy it. DE beach pass is from January 1st - December 31st price is not prorated .
Old 01-10-2011, 05:40 AM  

portland, maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmantrapper View Post
Are you sure the permit is purchase date to purchase date? It might beJan 1 thru Dec 31. I know the state permits are.
the rangers said is good for a year, just like an inspection sticker.
Old 01-10-2011, 05:48 AM  

portland, maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyd1295 View Post
How would you go about sharing the pass? Don't they give you permanent sticker that you put in your window?
you can't get it off the windshield without messing it up. plus they write your tag number on the back with a big fat marker.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Maryland
Bookmark this Page!