Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Maryland
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-12-2011, 07:10 PM  

Perryville, Maryland
I remember going out there as a kid and had a ball some of my friends go down there with there jeeps. I think you'd have a fun time.. hope you find someone to split a ticket with you

Old 01-14-2011, 09:42 AM  
Simmah Dahn Nah

Grason-Vegas, Maryland
Maybe it's just me, but I don't see the fun in spending that much money to drive on the beach. You can spend that much money and hit Rausch Creek for the weekend. If you really want to drive on the beach, take a long weekend and head to OBX. A lot more sand to drive on if that's your thing. Plus you can have bonfires on the beach further south (Currituck County= Hatteras/ Frisco, etc). Too many mosquitos in Assateague for me . . .

Old 01-17-2011, 10:24 AM  

baltimore, maryland
i dont even think its that much fun, its not like u can ride ur jeep like a dune buggy on that beach, i think its kinda a waste of money unless u really wanna get sand everywhere
Old 01-17-2011, 01:37 PM  

Crofton, Maryland
Can't you get a weekly pass for there? Hub you know youd spend that much money to drive to OBX, but i love place and would rather the drive then anything else. And the way the bird people are running the place we might not be able to drive down there.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:00 PM  
Simmah Dahn Nah

Grason-Vegas, Maryland
Very true. If they had a week pass, I'd be in. OBX has miles more to drive on, plus the bonus of bonfires on the beach and camping right there. We spent Memorial Day camping in OBX on the beach. It was much better than assateague. . . .
Old 01-22-2011, 07:09 PM  

Baltimore, Maryland
I have a summer trailer in West ocean city. Right on 707. about 5 miles or so from assateague. If this trade goes through i will be getting a permit as i will be going down every weekend in the summer.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:25 AM  
Simmah Dahn Nah

Grason-Vegas, Maryland
Sweet. Stop by our house for the mandatory traffic beer break.

Old 01-24-2011, 08:43 AM  

Eldersburg, Md
Im pretty sure the law is changing and u will not be able to drive on the beach for ling. But if u wanna drive in the sand i would def go to the OBX. just make sure you wash down everything. Snad get everywhere
Old 01-25-2011, 06:16 AM  

Waldorf, MD
I want to take the wife and kids there to see the horses.
Old 02-10-2011, 12:27 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by snb73 View Post
I want to take the wife and kids there to see the horses.
You can take the wife and kids to see the horses without driving on the beach. When I did the Seagull Century (bike riding) and we crossed over the bridge onto the park, some of the ponies (they are actually considered ponies I believe) were right there along side the road. It was a Mom and her baby. Have a cell phone picture of them, they were so close.

I would like to drive on the beach once in awhile, but not so much as to pay $90 a year. If you look online, the requirements for driving on the beach are all listed there. Keep in mind that even if you do buy the pass, there is a limit to how many cars are allowed on the beach at a time. They even claim that demand is so high, that they often have to resort to only allowing the next car (after the limit) on after one comes off. You will need a proper jack pad, or a sheet of plywood for a jack base, and some other stuff or they won't let you on. If you're a surf fisher, the pass is a great idea because not only can they drive on the beach, but if they have a camper on their truck, they can stay overnight on the beach. Everyone else has to be off the beach (vehicles) at sundown.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Maryland
Bookmark this Page!

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.