Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Maryland
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-05-2011, 08:55 AM  

Will have to wander up there when it gets warmer

Old 02-06-2011, 06:44 AM  

Southern MD, Maryland
la plata site.

as my earlier post says, great place i been wheeling for 3 years. PM me anytime, i go evry weekend normally, but have 2 re-check trails after snows. like i said, never had a problem goong in. hell, charles county sheriff even sets up speed trap right @ turn in and have never said anything. also trying to organize some sort of southern MD off road posse. no fun going in there solo.
Sooo...wheeling in Maryland?-ffjeep004.jpg 

Old 02-07-2011, 07:28 AM  

Claytonandson,

I'd love to take you up on that offer. I just got a stock 05 Rubicon and looking to take the stepson offroading a bit. I'm a novice, but looking to learn things the right way.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:31 AM  

This is my foremost adventure that I always think of doing and here I came across this thread that increases my anxiety to ride in!!!

Well, I will definitely going to experience this once I will be there.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:29 AM  
Simmah Dahn Nah

Grason-Vegas, Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul View Post
This is my foremost adventure that I always think of doing and here I came across this thread that increases my anxiety to ride in!!!

Well, I will definitely going to experience this once I will be there.
Ummm . . . what?
Old 02-08-2011, 10:33 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO2500 View Post
Greenridge always makes for a good day trip just to get out off pavement. It's especially nice scenery in the spring at some of the overlooks.

There is a Crozet run this spring that I'v just been informed of. Any interest?

Crozet open wheeling weekend 4/9-4/10
Wondering how my stock Rubicon would be on the Easy blues? I should have my side rails on by then.

Also wondering if 31" Goodyear Wranglers count as "non-street tread".

Don't mean to derail the thread, but can anyone tell me what the laws are in MD for bumpers? Do they have to be as wide as the vehicle? Seems most of the bumpers I am interested in are stubbies in one form or the other.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:06 PM  

Poolesville/Salisbury, MD
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevKaos View Post
Wondering how my stock Rubicon would be on the Easy blues? I should have my side rails on by then.

Also wondering if 31" Goodyear Wranglers count as "non-street tread".

Don't mean to derail the thread, but can anyone tell me what the laws are in MD for bumpers? Do they have to be as wide as the vehicle? Seems most of the bumpers I am interested in are stubbies in one form or the other.
I have not been there before but would think you would do fine on the low blues. Rubi's are very capable even in stock form. GY wrangler MT/R's would qualify as "non-street tread". They just don't want people showing up with bald highway treads.

MD bumper law is 28" to the bottom of the bumper i believe but have not heard anything about width of the bumper. I'v seen tons of jeeps with stubby bumpers (mine's somewhat narrow as well) so I don't believe it's an issue.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:04 AM  
Simmah Dahn Nah

Grason-Vegas, Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by MO2500 View Post
MD bumper law is 28" to the bottom of the bumper i believe but have not heard anything about width of the bumper. I'v seen tons of jeeps with stubby bumpers (mine's somewhat narrow as well) so I don't believe it's an issue.

Interesting question. I'll ask the Deputy at work today . . .
Old 02-09-2011, 07:44 AM  

I'm not so sure about the 28" height either. There is a big debate going on over at one of the Jeep forums. Apparently in Maryland, it is illegal to change the suspension of a vehicle at all, but enforcement seems to be selective. One thing I read which appeared to be legitimate was that the max height is 20" measured from the ground to the bottom of the frame. It did go on to say that a class "M" (?) vehicle can have a max height of somethig like 24" or 28". Sorry for being so vague there, but I dont have it in front of me.

BTW, Claytonandson - Your rig looks fantastic.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:39 AM  

mechanicsville, maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonandson View Post
the place in charles county is just off st charles parkway @ radio station road in la plata. google map it using sattelite to get good idea of massive area. i think property belongs tp Aggregate Industries, but have never been chases off property. even when i i encountered MdDNR police and county sherriff's. hell, one time an aggregate security guy in a 4x4 chevy truck took me on a tour through the property, so i wouldnt get lost.not sure if my fire department plates pay any importance.this place is awsome and 5 minutes from my house. biggest problem is it will eventually end because of d*cless a**hole's that are dumping crap, which is evvironmentally impacting because the wicomico watershed runs through the property.

i had a feeling thats the area you were talking about i have not been back there in years. i just checked on google maps and it through me off becuse i rember getting to it from the 90* turn on radio station road and now it says the main dirt roads in there are called jaybee ln. i would like to go back out there some time ill pm you

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Maryland
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads