Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Maryland
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-26-2010, 07:30 PM  
Simmah Dahn Nah

Grason-Vegas, Maryland
Your pics of Md

Post 'em up.

Old 11-04-2010, 11:22 AM  

Baltimore, Maryland
I've got lots on my homepage (shameless plug: Baltimorian Ramblings), but they're almost 100% Baltimore. Here they are:

Old 11-07-2010, 07:15 PM  

Atlanta, GA
Old 11-08-2010, 05:25 PM  

Baltimore, Maryland
Polo in the summer.
Your pics of Md-dscf0333.jpg 

Old 11-16-2010, 07:31 AM  

Baltimore, Maryland
Oooh. I'll have to dig through my Flickr photos for some.
Old 11-16-2010, 12:26 PM  

Frederick, Maryland
Nice pics, I especially like the fireworks one. I have trouble taking pictures of fireworks and having them turn out decent.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:58 AM  

Baltimore, Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
Nice pics, I especially like the fireworks one. I have trouble taking pictures of fireworks and having them turn out decent.
Thank you. I took them this past July from a friends deck.

Here are some tricks/advice for fireworks photos:

If you're using a point-n-click then it should have a fireworks setting. Just put it on that and then find a very steady place to put your camera (a tripod works best) and click away.

If you've got an SLR then there are a lot of things to consider. You'll definitely need a tripod (remember to turn image stabilization off when using a tripod) and it would be a great idea to get an external shutter button (a self timer can work in a pinch). You're going to be using a long shutter speed so it helps if your camera has a bulb mode (this leaves the shutter open as long as you're pressing the picture button). If it doesn't, then set your shutter to be at least 1 or 2 seconds. Since the shutter speed is going to be so long you're going to want a tiny aperture usually around F/16 or so (even though it's dark outside, fireworks are bright and easily overexposed). Your ISO should be set below 100 (again this is dependent on how much noise your camera has and how close you are to the fireworks). The last thing to worry about is focusing. I find manual focus works best. The camera often gets confused on what it should be focusing on when taking pictures of a night sky. Take a couple of shots and adjust as needed. The thing to remember is that your first handful of shots, probably wont' turn out. Don't get discouraged, just keep trying.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:38 PM  

Bel Air, Maryland
Hey ScoutBoss, is that picture taken around Jarrettsville/Madonna by any chance? My mother lives right near a Polo field between Jarrettsville Pike & MD 152.
Old 11-19-2010, 12:04 PM  

Annapolis
Last Winter
Your pics of Md-076blizzard_002.jpg 

Your pics of Md-076blizzard_003.jpg 

Old 12-02-2010, 06:29 AM  

DC Metro, MD
on my back from one trip back to Indy, i remember seeing a "welcome to MD!" sign, followed by a blue "attractions" sign that was empty..... "nothing to see here, go away."

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Maryland
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.