Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Massachusetts
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-09-2011, 12:07 AM  

Marblehead, Massachusetts
Sorry for the bump but I think this is a good thread. I've lived in Marblehead for 18 years and almost nothing has changed. Of course I can't tell you about property taxes and the such but the historical society has everything in this town on lockdown. You want to paint your house? Good, now go get a permit from the historical society saying they approved of the color you're using.

The only real thing they've done is rebuilt the causeway which was much needed seeing as a good portion of the town would become completely cut off and isolated during storms

Old 02-22-2011, 12:12 PM  

Dartmouth, MA
I am a Fall River native. I have lived in Dartmouth Ma for the last 38 years and it is the best of all worlds in my book. We have every amenity you can think of within three miles of my home. We have great beaches, a good education system in place, and fiscally responsible politicians who seem to care about the future of Dartmouth. Housing prices are a bit steep in this area but it is well worth it.

Old 02-22-2011, 05:43 PM  

Holliston, MA
Metrowest - One of the best places to live I think. Been here almost 50 years now. Wow have things changed ! The worst I think is the TRAFFIC.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:57 PM  
Jeep King!

More people live in my town now!
Old 02-24-2011, 12:44 PM  

North Attleborough, MA
Born and bred in Quincy and lived there basically my whole life up until September when I bought a home in N. Attleborough.

Man has Quincy changed for the worse. I'm all for helping those in need but Father Bill's has been a blight on the downtown area, bringing crime, drugs and all manner of creepy guys and gals.

Almost feel guilty saying it but I'm glad I'm out as I'm raising an 8 year old daughter. I know there is crap going on everywhere but...at least we have some open space and greenery in our life now.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:16 PM  

Boston, MA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by laybackman View Post
I am a Fall River native. I have lived in Dartmouth Ma for the last 38 years and it is the best of all worlds in my book. We have every amenity you can think of within three miles of my home. We have great beaches, a good education system in place, and fiscally responsible politicians who seem to care about the future of Dartmouth. Housing prices are a bit steep in this area but it is well worth it.
Born and raised in Fall River myself. Lived there 27 years and now reside in West Wareham. Been in town 12 years and have been happy up until recently. Alot of big chain stores moving into the area and I'm not liking it. Kind of ticked about it, put alot of time , effort and cash into my old home to make it my own. Now I'm kicking around moving, which was not in my plans. Making a lateral move is going to land me into a bigger mortgage and less home/garage and more repairs and renovations. At a crossroads here, not sure which way to turn. Was a nice quiet end of town , now things are a changing and I don't want it.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Massachusetts
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.