Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Massachusetts
Click Here to Login

Old 12-08-2010, 11:00 AM  

Modern brewer

Big selection in small space, and good knowledgable staff

Old 12-08-2010, 06:04 PM  

Pembroke, Massachusetts
Homebrew shops

If you are in the Plymouth area, Pioppis carrys homebrew kits and supplies. Although I buy most of my kits from Alternative Beverage, homebrew beer making and winemaking

Old 12-20-2010, 01:38 PM  

I'll plug Blackstone Valley Brewing Supplies.
A bit of a ride for you, but Steve is awesome. He's been running the shop for 12 years now (maybe more). Tons of knowledge coming in and out of the shop all day.
It's in Woonsocket RI, just over the border.
Old 12-21-2010, 01:06 PM  

Boston, Massachusetts
I like Strange Brew Home-Brewing and WineMaking in Marlboro. I don't get all my stuff there anymore, but sometimes you need yeast or bottle caps, and sometimes it's just nice to bounce ideas off of people who know what they're talking about.
Old 12-22-2010, 06:39 AM  

Springfield, MA
I have been to most of the shops mentioned about, and they are all quite good. I use mail order a lot, but always remember to frequent my local homebrew store - I really like to keep those guys in business, even if it costs a little bit more sometimes.
Old 12-27-2010, 08:39 AM  
kmt

Worcester, MA
I buy most of my supplies online. I do go to Strange Brew in Marlboro when I need something and can't wait few days for online orders.

I'm still looking for a place to get 55 lb bags of grain.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:24 AM  

dracut, massachusetts
I've heard of people getting grain via The Tap and the lowell brewery (although rumor has it, lowell brewery was recently in trouble with johnny law over something) at pretty good prices (the guy who bought with the tap says they charged $37 for 55lbs M.O.).

As far as homebrew shops I visit, B&WH has a really nice looking store. Jasper's has better prices, but the shop is so cramped it's insane. I try to support the local, in-state shops and haven't visited Cambridge yet, so that might be the next place to go.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Massachusetts
Bookmark this Page!