Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Massachusetts
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-28-2010, 11:50 AM  

dracut, massachusetts
The best pizza I've had, thus far, is Depot in Andover. Not sweet, good amount of sauce vs. cheese.

Sawmill in Dracut used to be absolutely untouchable - I'd have put it against ANY New York or Chicago pizzeria. Unfortunately, management and staff have changed, and they don't make even close to what they were making before.

As far as all the other pizzerias, the sweet sauce stuff is disgusting. The wife and I usually make our own when we want pizza.

Old 12-31-2010, 11:17 PM  

Lexington, Massachusetts
To each their own, I like sweet and spicy pizza. Papa Ginos meat lovers is pretty good, and I also like the Jay's Heart with maple sausage at Flat Bread in Burlington (with plenty of crushed red pepper to supply the spice). I also like Upper Crust, but those chunk tomatoes are a poor substitute for rich savory paste.

I came from the midwest, where good pizza is made with pounds of cheese per pie. My favorite pizzas have a leathery crust of lightly browned mozzarella on top as thick as the crust on the bottom, and they don't ooze grease. Pizza around here has too little cheese and is undercooked. Reminds me of "New York" style: flavorless crust, hardly any toppings or cheese, with grease pooled in the middle.

Old 01-02-2011, 12:25 PM  

Cambridge, MA
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldPoorRichard View Post
To each their own, I like sweet and spicy pizza. Papa Ginos meat lovers is pretty good, and I also like the Jay's Heart with maple sausage at Flat Bread in Burlington (with plenty of crushed red pepper to supply the spice). I also like Upper Crust, but those chunk tomatoes are a poor substitute for rich savory paste.

I came from the midwest, where good pizza is made with pounds of cheese per pie. My favorite pizzas have a leathery crust of lightly browned mozzarella on top as thick as the crust on the bottom, and they don't ooze grease. Pizza around here has too little cheese and is undercooked. Reminds me of "New York" style: flavorless crust, hardly any toppings or cheese, with grease pooled in the middle.
Just tell me you don't like Provel pizza... if you do, your opinion is worthless.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:42 PM  

Lexington, Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bovineblitz View Post
Just tell me you don't like Provel pizza... if you do, your opinion is worthless.
Haven't tried it. But I do like Chicago thin crust, party cut, with lumpy spiced sausage.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:58 PM  

Marblehead, Massachusetts
I second the vote for Regina's in the north end, most authentic tasting pizza I've had in my life. I personally dont mind the other branches of Regina's because the pizza still tastes GOOD just it definately tastes like its been made fast on new age equipment. The place in the north end has been doing things the same since they first opened. Best thing to have from regina's is plain cheese, really lets you appreciate how amazing their cheese and sauce and dough are. Then go craazy with the toppings lol.

Upper Crust is great if you have the buck, I like their special pizzas.

Santarpios knows what they are doing, I second them

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Massachusetts
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads