Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Massachusetts
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-08-2010, 02:14 PM  

New Hampshire
My favorite thing about living in Massachussetts is no longer living in Massachussetts.

Old 12-11-2010, 08:41 AM  

BobO, you live in New Hampshire now, that is more of a downgrade from MA than an upgrade.

MA has a lot to offer. Boston itself is one of the best cities to visit. It is not overly crowded like NY city and it gives you a more european atmosphere.

Outside of Boston you have Cape Cod, that is a fun place to be in the summer. Beaches, great fishing, islands to visit, vast array of restaurants.

Northern MA even has a few hills for skiing, but MA is also close to Vermont for much better skiing.

In smaller towns in MA, say central or southern MA, there are plenty of quiet towns with hiking trails and other attractions.

Weatherwise, it is a short summer season, but the change of seasons is nice and different attractions come about during each season. Ex. it is always great getting the fireplace going during the winter and drinking wine/beer with friends having a good time.

Also, not very dangerous with respect to Tornados or Hurricanes, but small Tornados have been reported over the past few years (but nothing compared to midUS).

Overall, MA is a great place to live.

Old 12-12-2010, 01:08 PM  

New Hampshire
Jungmiser, Downgrade? Haha right, come see my house and acreage (much less expensive than if I was 10 miles south) Oh yeah, no sales tax and did I mention how much better the roads are? I'll see you at the mall on Sunday when you come up here to shop for the holidays and buy cheaper gasoline, alcohol and cigarettes. LOL
Old 12-13-2010, 10:14 AM  

Norton, Mass.
'Cept when that real estate tax bill comes in...
Old 12-14-2010, 12:26 PM  

New Hampshire
you got me there, but it's all relative. MA avg = 13.21, NH avg = 15.90 - You guys are catching up quick!!
Old 12-14-2010, 08:58 PM  

Amherst, MA
Hiking up the many beautiful mountains out here in Western MA is one of my favorite things to do! I also love exploring the back roads on bike or jeep. Winter brings around some great skiing (both downhill and cross country) as well as terrific ice fishing.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:29 AM  

Norton, Mass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobO View Post
you got me there, but it's all relative. MA avg = 13.21, NH avg = 15.90 - You guys are catching up quick!!
Ayup', we are...
Old 12-15-2010, 06:58 PM  

New Braintree, Ma
I love living in a town of less then 1000 and owning a 200 acre farm
one of the very few left
i love the fact that i am 19 personly own a farm, and want to still be a farmer
24 horses and growing!!!
we have horses for sale too!
Old 12-17-2010, 11:38 AM  

north adams, ma
im in williamstown and live 5 mins from vt and ny lines. thats nice. my favorite is the seasons and the mountains. most people take this place for granted and say they cant wait to get out of here, but stop and take a look and you'll be surprized what you would be missing.
Old 12-20-2010, 08:38 PM  

Stow, MA
4 distinct seasons, all with unpredictable weather. LOVE IT!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Massachusetts
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads