Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-15-2010, 07:58 PM  

Bluff City, TN
A great restaurant in Memphis.

I am down here working. While looking for a place to eat dinner the other night i came across Kettle. It is at 1258 East Brooks Road, Memphis, TN 38116 (901) 398-5210.

The first day I ate there the food was great. It is close to the motel so I decided to hit it again a few days later. In all I have eaten there 5 times and taken one meal out. In all 5 times I have had different meals and all of them have been delicious.

Now just so you know the place won't win any awards for decor, or beauty. There are different colored tables and mismatched chairs there is a big salad bar in the middle of the place that is not in use. It is run down, heck even the parking lot has potholes in it. But do not make the mistake of judging a book by it's cover the food and service is outstanding. The price is outstanding for the portion size.

I have eaten at a lot of places and this place is right below eating at home for me. Well worth trying if you are ever around. It is just up the street from Graceland so if you come for Graceland swing by Kettle for an excellent lunch or dinner.

Old 12-15-2010, 08:03 PM  
Chi Town

addison, il
I found this really amazing barbecue place when I was there a few years back... I can't remember the name though.. It had dry rub ribs that were amazing. You had to walk down an alley to even get into the place. I guess it has been around for a really long time. If anybody knows the name let me know.

Old 12-15-2010, 09:13 PM  

Bluff City, TN
That would be Charlie Vergos Rendezvous it is at 52 South 2nd Street, Memphis, (901) 523-2746. They are supposed to have the best dry rub ribs. I work about a block away and have yet to go there for lunch. Might have to try it in the next few days.

Another good place to eat downtown is Hueys it is at 77 South 2nd Street, Memphis - (901) 527-2700. It is a burger joint the food is great. It is also a fun place the walls have all been signed and written on by people. Also everyone tries to shoot the toothpicks that held their burger together into the ceiling with a straw. There are thousands of toothpicks stuck in the ceiling.
Old 12-28-2010, 04:00 PM  

Oxford, Mississippi
I have to agree about the Rendezvous. You have got to go there if you are anywhere near memphis!!!!!!
Old 01-01-2011, 11:46 AM  

Oxford, Mississippi
Try Corky's on Popular, my favorite ribs and they have their own Corky's Ale.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:45 AM  

Horn Lake, MS
Rendezous does have the best ribs. If you want wet ribs I would try Interstate BBQ on 3rd Street. They have great BBQ too.
Old 02-15-2011, 11:12 AM  

Try the Barbecue Shop. Really Great Food
Old 04-30-2011, 04:00 PM  

Drummonds, Tn.
Its the Rendezvous. You can also get them shipped to you.
901) 522-8840 ? 355 N Main St, Memphis, TN 38103

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.