Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
Click Here to Login

Old 11-16-2010, 03:47 PM  

Burr Ridge, IL
Looking for Memphis Info

My wife and I plan to be visiting my brother near Tupelo, MS early in December and we're thinking of stopping in Memphis for a day or 2 to do the typical tourist thing.

We're thinking of visiting Graceland, Sun Records and maybe Beale Street. I'm interested in any other recommendations for must-see spots, places to eat, etc. We like BBQ and I've heard there are some good BBQ places.

Old 11-16-2010, 04:47 PM  

Memphis, Tennessee
lots of nice things to do downtown..go to The Peabody Hotel..as for BBQ..well i'd go to the Rendezvous downtown, they are at 52 s. 2nd st..ask to sit downstairs...thats where it all started..ph # 901 523 2746.

Old 11-29-2010, 01:37 PM  

Charlotte, NC
I'll second the Rendezvous, get the ribs. The place is kind of hard to find if you've never been there, the entrance is in an alleyway. My favorite place for a BBQ sandwich, however, is Tops BBQ. They have several locations around Memphis, the closest one to downtown would be on Union Avenue.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:46 AM  

Horn Lake, MS
Rendezvous for ribs and Tops for a large BBQ sandwich. I have to agree!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Tennessee > Memphis
Bookmark this Page!